WICHITA — Businesses caught violating state liquor laws this weekend were scattered all over the city, police officials said Tuesday.
A dozen businesses were cited for selling liquor to underage drinkers during a weekend compliance check of 64 liquor and convenience stores around Wichita, police said.
Two were on Rock Road — Jacob Liquor Exchange, 3049 N. Rock Road, and Aboud's Liquor, 955 S. Rock Road.
The seven-hour assignment began at 6:30 p.m. Saturday and involved Wichita police officers, agents from Alcoholic Beverage Control and citizens between the ages of 18 and 19 1/2.
In addition to the businesses cited, officers issued citations in 14 incidents and arrested 16 people for alcohol-related violations. Officers also seized more than 150 containers of alcohol and a small amount of marijuana.
One traffic citation was also issued.
The list of businesses that sold liquor to underage drinkers:
• Phillips 66, 7101 E. Lincoln
• A&A Liquor Store, 1935 N. Broadway
• J&D Wine and Spirits, 1337 N. Ridge Road
• Pete's Liquor, 322 W. Harry
• F & K Liquor, 902 S. Woodlawn
• TJ's Liquor, 1332 W. MacArthur
• The Liq, 2330 E. 21st St.
• Anton's Vintage Wine & Spirits, 10330 W. Central
• Aboud's Liquor, 955 S. Rock Road
• Jacob Liquor Exchange, 3049 N. Rock Road
• Burden Liquor, 2545 N. Hillside
• KD Shop, 10409 W. Maple