FARMINGTON, Mo. | Two people in separate apartments in the same eastern Missouri duplex have died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.
The Park Hills Daily Journal reported that the bodies of a 67-year-old woman and 82-year-old man were found Thursday morning in Farmington.
Police Chief Rick Baker said officers found a car in the man's garage with the door shut. The key was in the on position and the car had a dead battery. Baker said it appeared the car had been left running with the garage door shut.
The Fire Department found what it called a lethal amount of carbon monoxide levels in both homes.
Never miss a local story.
Autopsies are planned, and names of the victims have not been released.