The wee hours of Friday morning saw three more trades happen involving Kansas Jayhawks, bringing the grand total for the five KU players to seven trades.
Darrell Arthur was traded three times in one evening. After being drafted by the New Orleans Hornets at No. 27, Arthur was bartered to the Portland Trail Blazers, then to the Houston Rockets, and finally to the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for Syracuse forward Donte Green and a second-round pick.
The Cleveland Cavaliers acquired the rights to Darnell Jackson (the 52nd pick by the Miami Heat) for two 2009 second-round picks. The Cavaliers also traded for Sasha Kaun (the 56th pick by the Seattle Supersonics) for cash.
So, to recap, here is where the KU players will be playing next year – as of Friday afternoon:
Never miss a local story.
* Brandon Rush (the 13th pick by Portland) will play for the Indiana Pacers.
* Darrell Arthur (the 27th pick by New Orleans) will play for Memphis.
* Mario Chalmers (the 34th pick by the Minnesota Timberwolves) will play for Miami.
* Darnell Jackson (the 52nd pick by Miami) will play for Cleveland.
* Sasha Kaun (the 56th pick by Seattle) will play for CSKA Moscow in Russia, but Cleveland owns his NBA rights.