What’s the deal?
03/23/2014 12:00 AM
03/21/2014 10:22 PM
This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
– Save 20 percent on Ciclismo Classico’s six-day bike tour of Tuscany. The May 19 Assaggio Toscana trip now costs $2,796 per person double, down from $3,495. Price includes all accommodations, meals (all breakfasts, four dinners, one light lunch, one picnic), bike rental, Ciclismo jersey and water bottle; shuttles at beginning and end of tour; special activities such as a tour of an olive oil press and a cooking demo; walking tours of Arezzo and Cortona; and taxes. The tour covers 147 miles of Italian countryside. Info: 800-866-7314, www.ciclismoclassico.com.
– With Holiday Inn Resort’s Free Night Now or Later offer, earn complimentary nights at any of 19 properties in the United States, Mexico or the Caribbean. Choose from two deals: Stay four consecutive nights and receive a free fifth night (book the Resort Bonus Night rate at holidayinn resorts.com/freenight) or stay two consecutive nights and earn a free night for a future stay. For the latter deal, you must be an IHG Rewards Club member (free to join) and redeem the free stay within a year. Prices and savings vary. For example, five nights in early May at the Beach House, a Holiday Inn Resort in Hilton Head Island, S.C., starts at $854, including taxes; without the deal, the rate is $932. Seven-day advance booking required; stay through May 23.
– Stay for at least seven nights at Turtle Island, a luxury private-island resort in Fiji, and receive a lodging upgrade, complimentary massage for two and one free airfare from Los Angeles. Airfare value is up to $2,000, the upgrade to a grand bure is worth $420 a night and the massages would typically cost $65 per person. Total cost, after discounts, is $2,079 a night per couple and includes all meals, drinks, activities, personal concierge and taxes. Offer applies to travel through June 20; Aug. 1 through Nov. 30; and Jan. 12 through Feb. 28. Deadline to book is March 31. Info: 800-255-4347, www.turtlefiji.com.
– Variety Cruises is offering two-for-one fares on the May 2 departure of its Aegean Odyssey itinerary. The seven-night cruise aboard the 49-passenger sailing vessel Panorama II now starts at $2,390 per couple plus $560 port charges. The cruise, which sails round-trip from Marina Zeas near Athens, stops at several Greek islands plus Kusadasi, Turkey. No deadline to book, but deal is based on availability. Call 800-319-7776 and request promo Summer Special 2014. Cruise info: www.varietycruises.com.
– MSC Cruises has a family special on Easter cruises. The seven-night April 19 cruise, which departs Miami, now starts at $299 per adult double, down from $929; children under age 17 sharing the same cabin pay $199. Add about $119 taxes. MSC Divina sails to Phillipsburg, St. Maarten; Road Town, Tortola; and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas. The sale also applies to other April sailings, such as the seven-night April 12 cruise that starts at $299 and visits Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, Cozumel and a private island in the Bahamas. Book by March 31. Info: 877-665-4655, www.msccruisesusa.com.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.