What’s the deal?
03/21/2014 10:22 PM
03/21/2014 10:22 PM
This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
– Save 20 percent on Ciclismo Classico’s six-day bike tour of Tuscany. The May 19 Assaggio Toscana trip now costs $2,796 per person double, down from $3,495. Price includes all accommodations, meals (all breakfasts, four dinners, one light lunch, one picnic), bike rental, Ciclismo jersey and water bottle; shuttles at beginning and end of tour; special activities such as a tour of an olive oil press and a cooking demo; walking tours of Arezzo and Cortona; and taxes. The tour covers 147 miles of Italian countryside. Info: 800-866-7314, www.ciclismoclassico.com.
– With Holiday Inn Resort’s Free Night Now or Later offer, earn complimentary nights at any of 19 properties in the United States, Mexico or the Caribbean. Choose from two deals: Stay four consecutive nights and receive a free fifth night (book the Resort Bonus Night rate at holidayinn resorts.com/freenight) or stay two consecutive nights and earn a free night for a future stay. For the latter deal, you must be an IHG Rewards Club member (free to join) and redeem the free stay within a year. Prices and savings vary. For example, five nights in early May at the Beach House, a Holiday Inn Resort in Hilton Head Island, S.C., starts at $854, including taxes; without the deal, the rate is $932. Seven-day advance booking required; stay through May 23.
– Stay for at least seven nights at Turtle Island, a luxury private-island resort in Fiji, and receive a lodging upgrade, complimentary massage for two and one free airfare from Los Angeles. Airfare value is up to $2,000, the upgrade to a grand bure is worth $420 a night and the massages would typically cost $65 per person. Total cost, after discounts, is $2,079 a night per couple and includes all meals, drinks, activities, personal concierge and taxes. Offer applies to travel through June 20; Aug. 1 through Nov. 30; and Jan. 12 through Feb. 28. Deadline to book is March 31. Info: 800-255-4347, www.turtlefiji.com.
– Variety Cruises is offering two-for-one fares on the May 2 departure of its Aegean Odyssey itinerary. The seven-night cruise aboard the 49-passenger sailing vessel Panorama II now starts at $2,390 per couple plus $560 port charges. The cruise, which sails round-trip from Marina Zeas near Athens, stops at several Greek islands plus Kusadasi, Turkey. No deadline to book, but deal is based on availability. Call 800-319-7776 and request promo Summer Special 2014. Cruise info: www.varietycruises.com.
– MSC Cruises has a family special on Easter cruises. The seven-night April 19 cruise, which departs Miami, now starts at $299 per adult double, down from $929; children under age 17 sharing the same cabin pay $199. Add about $119 taxes. MSC Divina sails to Phillipsburg, St. Maarten; Road Town, Tortola; and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas. The sale also applies to other April sailings, such as the seven-night April 12 cruise that starts at $299 and visits Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, Cozumel and a private island in the Bahamas. Book by March 31. Info: 877-665-4655, www.msccruisesusa.com.