Travel deals to save you money
11/10/2013 12:00 AM
11/09/2013 9:09 PM
– Enterprise has a sale on weekend car rental rates at select neighborhood locations in the United States and Puerto Rico. Economy/compact cars now cost $9.99 per day, intermediate $14.99, standard $17.99, and full-size $19.99 – plus taxes. Rent in advance, with the rental starting on a Friday and ending the following Monday. Valid through May 21. For example, an early December weekend rental in Orlando now costs $41 total, including taxes; normal rates start at about $30 a day. Sale price includes 100 miles per day. Info: 800-261-7331, www.enterprise.com.
– Stay five nights or longer at a Squires Estate property on Eleuthera Island in the Bahamas and receive a free three-night return stay in the same villa. Initial visit must take place Jan. 1 through April 26, with return stay permitted Oct. 1 through Nov. 22 in 2014 or 2015. A five-night stay ranges from $875 for the junior cottage at Belmont, which sleeps two, to $2,375 for the three-bedroom Mrs. Russel’s House, which sleeps six. Add taxes of 16 percent. Value of the free stay ranges from about $540 to $1,530; guest must pay taxes. Advance booking of 45 days required for return stay. Deal is based on availability. Info: 413-588-6060, www.squiresestatebahamas.com.
– Book by Nov. 15 and receive a $1,000 per-person credit on all 2014 Belize itineraries with Blount Small Ship Adventures. Deal includes two new itineraries: the 14-night Belize, The Barrier Reef, Guatemala & Honduran Bay Islands, leaving Belize City on Feb. 21 and now starting at $3,929 per person double (plus $350 port fees); and the 11-night Best of Belize: The Barrier Reef & Guatemala, which sails from Belize City on Jan. 10 and 24 and Feb. 7 and starts at $2,999 (plus $295 port charges). Rate includes three daily meals daily with wine and beer served at lunch and dinner. Info: 888-618-4770, blountsmallshipadventures.com.
– Adventure Life is offering 30 percent savings on an Antarctica sailing departing Dec. 19. Discounted price starts at $3,495 per person double (a $1,500 savings) and includes one night’s lodging in Ushuaia, Argentina; a nine-night cruise aboard the 189-passenger Ocean Diamond, which travels round trip from Ushuaia; Zodiac shore landings and excursions; return airport transfer; emergency evacuation insurance; and port charges. Info: 800-344-6118, www.adventure-life.com.
– SmarTours has savings of up to $1,000 per couple on its 10-day Beijing and Shanghai tour. The trip, when booked by Dec. 18, starts at $999 per person double ( check and money order payments) and includes round-trip air from New York to Beijing, with return from Shanghai; intra-China flights; all transfers; accommodations at the Penta Hotel in Beijing and the Holiday Inn Downtown in Shanghai; daily breakfast; tour guides; and all taxes and fees. Depart on select dates January through April. If paying by credit card, add $100. Info: 800-337-7773, smartours.com.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.