What’s the deal?
08/04/2013 12:00 AM
08/03/2013 7:46 PM
This week’s best travel bargains around the globe:
– The Curacao Tourism Board has partnered with 21 properties to offer every fourth night free for stays Aug. 15 through Dec. 15. You must book directly through a participating third-party booking site, including Travelocity, Orbitz and Expedia. Travelocity, for example, is also offering an extra 10 percent discount on select properties. Prices vary. On Travelocity, a couple traveling in mid-September pays $571 for four nights in a resort-view king room at the Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, including taxes – a savings of about $271. Book by Sept. 15; Labor Day and Thanksgiving blackout dates apply at most properties. Info: www.curacao.com/4free.
– Miraval, the luxe spa resort in Tucson, is offering a Girls’ Getaway Package with at least $700 in resort credits, plus other perks. With the deal, rates start at $475 per person per night and include a $150 nightly credit, plus a $250 credit per single occupancy and $500 per double when booked by Aug. 16; casita-style accommodations with a one-room category upgrade worth $75 a night; all meals, snacks, smoothies and non-alcoholic beverages; activities such as yoga, meditation, golf and the fitness center; one spa treatment from the morning menu ($150 value); shuttle transfers from the Tucson airport or valet parking; and 20 percent off Raindance Pass boutique and spa store purchases. Three-night minimum required; 20 percent resort amenity fee and about 15 percent taxes are additional. Stay by Dec. 31. Info: 800-232-3969, www.miravalresorts.com.
– Regent Seven Seas Cruises is offering two-for-one fares, a $300 per-stateroom shipboard credit, free economy airfare or a $1,598 round-trip business-class fare, and free Internet access on select 2013 European voyages. For example, a 10-night cruise aboard the Seven Seas Voyager, which sails from Rome to Venice on Oct. 23, now starts at $7,199 per person double, including port charges, shore excursions and drinks. Airfare from Washington Dulles to Rome, with return from Venice, typically costs $1,039 for economy and $4,030 for business-class; ship Internet access is usually $29.95 a day. Request code EUROPE2013 and book by Sept. 30. Info: 877-505-5370, www.rssc.com.
– Grand Circle Cruise Line is offering free round-trip air on seven fall departures of the Romance of the Rhine & Mosel river cruise. The 16-day cruise, which sails from Brussels to Basel, in Switzerland (or the reverse), and visits five countries (Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, France and Switzerland), starts at $2,695 per person double, plus $165 in port charges. Price includes free air from Washington Dulles (typically from about $900); 14 nights in an outside cabin aboard a private river ship; all meals and wine at dinner; 12 tours; Exclusive Discovery Series events, such as a home-hosted coffee klatsch; and taxes. Valid departures: Sept. 27; Oct. 9, 11, 23 and 25; and Nov. 6 and 8. Book by Aug. 19 and use code RFJH101 Info: 800-221-2610, www.gct.com.
– International Expeditions is covering up to $1,400 in airfare on select Galapagos expedition cruises. The 10-day adventure starts at $5,098 per person double and includes connecting international air from Washington to Guayaquil, Ecuador (typically from $470); seven nights aboard the 32-passenger Evolution; daily naturalist-guided excursions; accommodations before and after the cruise at the Hotel Oro Verde in Guayaquil; most meals; transfers; and taxes. Add $110 in park fees. Depart Sept. 6 or 20. Info: 800-234-9620, www.ietravel.com.
– Troy Tours is offering a discounted price of $1,199 per person double on its six-night Ephesus & Cappadocia & Istanbul tour. The escorted Turkey trip includes nonstop round-trip air on Turkish Airlines from Washington Dulles to Istanbul; three domestic flights; two nights at the Charisma Deluxe Hotel in Kusadasi; two nights at the Gamirasu Cave Hotel in Cappadocia; two nights at the DoubleTree Moda in Istanbul; 10 meals; three sightseeing tours; guides; transfers; and most taxes ($72 departure tax is extra). Priced separately, flights and lodging alone would cost about $1,397. Depart November through March. Book by Aug. 18. Info: 310-417-3460, www.troytours.com.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.