Chevron patterns are all the rage, and they are not going away anytime soon. No, they are not new, but they are definitely on trend right now. The chevron pattern is strong and bold and can be used in a number of spaces, from living rooms to bedrooms and even bathrooms. Pair the pattern with solid colors or even other patterns.
What I adore about chevron is the sense of sophistication it adds to a space. The use of chevron adds instant interest and makes a statement. The beauty of chevron is that it can truly be used in various rooms and can be incorporated into the home in different ways, such as the use of accent pillows, accessories such as trays or even wallpaper.
When it comes to using chevron, here are my top tips:
▪ Don’t be afraid to use chevron as an accent. Items such as decorative trays are a great place to start.
▪ Toss pillows are the perfect enhancement for sofas and beds, and integrating chevron into your home through the use of toss pillows will add instant interest. Have a little fun with it by mixing this bold pattern with pillows made of solid fabrics, metallics or even faux fur.
▪ As with any design, think bold and bright as opposed to dark and drab. Bright chevron patterns such as mustard yellow and chartreuse can complement nearly any neutral decor.
▪ Consider using a chevron pattern in your wall decor. From wallpaper to drapery, using chevron as a wall accent can be a fabulous way to incorporate this on-trend pattern into your home.
▪ Use chevron in large spaces as opposed to smaller ones. Because of the dynamic nature of the pattern, chevron in a small space may overwhelm.
Cathy Hobbs, based in New York City, is an Emmy Award-winning television host and a nationally known interior design and home-staging expert.