A few weeks ago I bought a new set of sheets. Now I can’t bring myself to get rid of the bag.
It’s one of those zippered, clear plastic bags that seems like it would be perfect for storing sheets in the linen closet, except I’d never be able to fold the sheets well enough to cram the whole set back into the bag.
I turned to Pinterest, one of my favorite time-wasters, for ideas.
My favorite: Create a portable greenhouse to germinate seeds. I’ve seen this done with food storage bags, and this allows the concept to be taken to a slightly larger scale. Ingenuous.
I also like the idea of making an indoor camping kit for kids: Pack the bag with an old bed sheet, a flashlight, a glow stick, some clothespins for holding the sheeting to chairs.
Wouldn’t that be handy on a snow day?
Some other ideas I like:
• Use the bag to hold craft or hobby supplies – yarn, sewing notions, fabric scraps.
• Store cookie cutters in it.
• Use multiple bags to containerize a suitcase. That way you can fit more into your luggage without everything springing out when you open it. One pinner even suggested using the bags to pack individual outfits for children.
• Store stationery or greeting cards in it.
• Use it to store toys, games or puzzles that have small pieces.
• Turn it into a toiletry case when you’re traveling. You could even add a hanger so you can hang the bag from a shower head.
• Store seasonal table linens, decorations or faux floral arrangements in it.
• Stash scarves in it.