A recent University of Scranton (Pa.) survey found that 45 percent of Americans make New Year’s resolutions, and 38 percent of them resolve to lose weight.
Here are some ways to trim your waistline cheaply and easily. Believe it or not, coupons aren’t just for processed, unhealthy foods. You can find coupons for healthful cereals, yogurts, protein-enriched products and vitamin supplements.
Here are some places to find them:
• Silk.com: Get coupons worth 75 cents.
Never miss a local story.
• Cascadianfarm.com: Sign up for their e-mails to receive a $1-off coupon and get more each month.
• Ebfarm.com: Get coupons for produce from Earthbound Farm.
• Earthsbest.com: Download coupons you can use at local stores, including Babies R Us.
• Livehealthyamerica.org: Find great coupons plus advice and recipes.
• Mambosprouts.com: Find coupons for manufacturers such as Zevia and Choice Organics.
• If you visit EarthFare, Whole Foods and The Fresh Market more often than traditional grocery stores, be sure to register for their loyalty programs. Sign up for their e-newsletters to get great coupons and visit their websites for printable coupons.
• Blogs such as savinghealthy.com and organicdeals.com search for the best deals on organic and healthy food, as well as provide coupons and good advice.
Accountability is the key when it comes to losing weight. Here are some free apps that can help:
• Lose It! Scans bar codes for nutritional information, recipes and nutrients, including protein, carbohydrates and fat.
• MyFitnessPal Calorie Counter and Fitness Tracker: Create a daily diary to track calories.
• Fooducate: Grade the food you are eating by scanning the barcode. Also, help create grocery lists of healthful foods.