Enter The Eagle’s $20.12 Outfit Challenge
11/28/2011 12:00 AM
11/27/2011 10:35 PM
Since you’re going to be out shopping for something to wear for New Year’s Eve, you might as well take part in a very fun contest!
Are you between the ages of 13 and 100? Are you a super-duper bargain shopper deluxe? Here’s your chance to prove it.
Have you always wanted to do a fashion photo shoot? Here’s your opportunity to do one. Now really, who hasn’t wanted to be a Naomi Campbell for an hour?
If you love putting together a great outfit because you’re a genius when it comes to getting a big bang for your buck, you are exactly who we are looking for.
Enter the $20.12 Holiday Outfit Challenge! (Get it? Spend $20.12 or less for a beautiful outfit to ring in 2012!)
As a winner, you’ll be featured on The Eagle’s WichiTalk page in living color.
Your entry gives us permission to publish your photo in the paper and online at Kansas.com.
We’ll have two categories:
1. Resale: Those who got all or part of their outfit at a resale shop. And we have lots of really good resale shops in Wichita.
2. Retail: Those who purchased their entire outfit at a regular retail store. Of course, sale merchandise is the way to go!
The rules• Shop for an outfit and keep the cost, including tax, to $20.12 or less. Go head-to-toe as much as possible, but it’s up to you to decide what you think your money should be spent on.
• Get someone to take a head-to-toe color photo of you.
• E-mail the photo in jpg form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or mail a print of the photo to Bonnie Bing, The Wichita Eagle, 825 E. Douglas, Wichita, KS 67202. We must receive your entry by Dec. 11.
• With the photo, you must submit your name and a phone number where you can be reached on Dec. 12. The winner in each category must be available on Dec. 13 or 14 to have their pictures taken in The Wichita Eagle photo studio. The winners will be interviewed at that time.
• List what you bought, where you purchased it and how much each item cost, as well as the total cost for the outfit.
• Winners will have to present receipts, so make sure you keep yours.
• Sorry, but Eagle employees and their immediate families cannot enter.
Good luck, and start shopping!
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.