Here are some of the memorial events planned in Kansas. If you are planning an event that is not listed here, please send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Statewide moment of silence and prayer, 9:03 a.m. Sunday.
* National moment of remembrance, noon Sunday. Ring bells, sound sirens, blow whistles.
* Memorial ceremony, Kansas Firefighters Museum, 1300 S. Broadway, 10 a.m. Sunday. Part of a simultaneous nationwide observance. Honor guard, flyover, release of white doves from Lincoln Park, adjacent to the museum.
* Unity gathering, St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 123 N. Andover Road, Andover, 3 p.m. Sunday. Featuring Friends University's Singing Quakers, Hesston College's Bel Canto Choir, Newman University's Troubadours, baritone soloist Anthony Brown, cellist Jakub Omsky and Hindu Dancers. Co-sponsored by Global Faith in Action and Peacing It Together Foundation in partnership with Muslim Public Affairs Council, Hindu American Seva Charities, First Unitarian Universalist Church.
* Service of honor, Northwest Free Methodist Church, 3224 N. Tyler Road, 10:45 a.m. Sunday. Police officers, firefighters, veterans and members of the military are welcome.
* Derby day of service, High Park, 2700 E. Madison, Derby. 1-4 p.m. Sunday. Families and groups will help clean park. Materials will be supplied; participants are encouraged to wear work clothes. Information: Amy Akers, 316-788-0301.
* 3rd Annual Peace Fest, Lorraine Avenue Mennonite Church, 655 S. Lorraine. Saturday, 1-4 p.m.: Activities for children, storytelling, singing, snacks, projects. Sunday: Linda and David Kusse-Wolfe talk about "Showing Hospitality to Alien and Stranger" during 9:30 a.m. worship, 10:30 a.m. Sunday School and 1 p.m. afternoon session.
* Memorial service, Memorial Park, Anthony. Saturday: 4:30 p.m. march by military and first responders; 5:30 p.m. dinner in park; service after meal featuring David Mardis, FEMA worker at ground zero. Sunday: 6:30 a.m. breakfast for first responders and families; 7:45-9:15 a.m. service
* Memorial service and tribute, Clearwater City Park. 2 p.m. Sunday. Sponsored by Clearwater Ministerial Alliance.
* VFW Post 971 ceremony, at the post, 1610 S.E. Third St., Newton, 8:45 a.m. Sunday.
* 9/11 Never Forget memorial walk, sponsored by Potwin Fire Department. Potwin Community House Park, 201 N. Miller. Registration 7-10 a.m. Sunday. Walk of 2.3 miles (length of tower stairs), 8 a.m.- noon. Free and open to public; suggested donation of $25. Firefighters who participate may wear full gear. Information: Heath Austin, 316-200-3140.
* Memorial service and tribute, bike run, breakfast and parade, Potwin Community House Park, 201 N. Miller. Begins at 8 a.m. Sunday. 10 a.m. church service; 11:30 a.m. memorial service, followed by parade.
* Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum rose garden dedication, non-denominational prayer and music performance. 1:30 p.m. Sunday. Information, Samantha Kenner, 785-263- 6764.