FBI says no arrest made in Boston Marathon bombings, despite reports
04/17/2013 2:47 PM
04/18/2013 12:48 PM
WASHINGTON -- The Federal Bureau of Investigation says there has been no arrest in the Boston Marathon bombings, despite media reports earlier today.
“Over the past day and a half, there have been a number of press reports based on information from unofficial sources that has been inaccurate,” the agency said in a statement. “Since these stories often have unintended consequences, we ask the media, particularly at this early stage of the investigation, to exercise caution and attempt to verify information through appropriate official channels before reporting.”
CNN and other news outlets had quoted anonymous sources saying that a suspect had been identified, arrested, and was on his way to a federal courthouse, but later pulled back on those claims.
The two bombs that exploded near the finish line at the marathon in Boston on Monday killed 3 people and injured 176.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.