Ten years ago, Americans gathered around their TV sets to witness the ghastly and incomprehensible images of 9/11. A decade later, television is marking the anniversary of the terrorist attacks with a massive outpouring of programs.
Network and cable outlets are airing dozens of specials and documentaries recounting the tragedy, gauging the fallout and detailing the changes that have occurred since Sept. 11, 2001. Along the way, nearly every conceivable angle will be covered.
Here's a look at some notable programs airing today.
* "The Concert For New York City: Ten Years Later" — A re-airing of the benefit concert that featured performances by Paul McCartney, Elton John, Mick Jagger, Billy Joel and others (3 p.m., VH1, Channel 35).
Never miss a local story.
* "9/11: 10 Years Later" — An encore presentation of the award-winning documentary that contains the only known footage from inside ground zero during the attacks. Robert De Niro returns to host the program, which has been updated with fresh interviews (7 p.m., CBS, Channel 12).
* "9/11: In Our Own Words" — NBC News anchors and correspondents recall what they were doing Sept. 11 (7 p.m., MSNBC, Channel 24).
* "America Remembers — 9/11" — The "NewsHour" team recaps the day's observances and examines the impact of the terrorist attacks in different communities (7 p.m. PBS, Channel 8).
* "Making of the 9/11 Memorial" — A behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the memorial, from concept to on-site installation (7 p.m., History, Channel 49).
* "The New York Philharmonic 10th Anniversary Concert for 9/11" — A "Great Performances" presentation of Gustav Mahler's "Resurrection" Symphony (8 p.m., PBS, Channel 8).
* "The Space Between" — A movie starring Melissa Leo as a grounded flight attendant traveling cross-country with a 10-year-old boy who fears for the fate of his father, an employee at the World Trade Center (8 p.m., USA, Channel 28).
* "Rebirth" — Documentary tracks the transformations of five people whose lives were forever changed by the terrorist strikes (8 p.m., Showtime, Channel 415).
* "Remembrance and Renewal: Ten Years After the 9/11 Attacks" —"20/20" looks back on the anniversary and aftermath of the attacks. Diane Sawyer, Barbara Walters and others report (9 p.m., ABC, Channel 10).
* "From the Ground Up" — Five firefighters' widows open up about how they are coping with their losses (9:15 p.m., OWN, Channel 51).
* "Twin Towers" — An Oscar-winning short film about two brothers, a New York City police officer and a firefighter, killed Sept. 11 (9:22 p.m., USA, Channel 28).