The Wienermobile is coming! The Wienermobile is coming!
I’ve never understood the appeal of the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile. But I can’t deny it, either. Any time I see it lumbering around the streets of Wichita, I squeal, point and shout “THE WIENERMOBILE!” Several years ago, it was parked at the QuikTrip nearest The Wichita Eagle, and my co-workers and I made an afternoon field trip out of seeing it in person. We talk about it to this day.
Here’s your chance to bask in the glory of the Wienermobile. It will be making a post Fourth of July visit to Wichita and will stop at six area Dillons stores and one in Hutchinson.
Those who visit will get free samples of chili cheese dogs and Angus hot dogs and can also get a free commemorative photo taken with the beast. I got a wiener whistle on my visit, too.
Never miss a local story.
Here’s the schedule:
Thursday, July 7
▪ 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: Andover Marketplace, 225 East Cloud
▪ 2 p.m.-5 p.m.: 37th and Woodlawn, 3707 N. Woodlawn
Friday, July 8
▪ 10 a.m.-1p.m.: Derby Marketplace, 1624 N. Rock Road, Derby
▪ 2 p.m.-5 p.m.: Harry and Edgemoor, 5500 E. Harry
Saturday, July 9
▪ 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: Dillons Marketplace, 21st and Maize, 10222 W. 21st St.
▪ 2 p.m.-5 p.m., 47th and Broadway, 4747 S. Broadway
Sunday, July 10
▪ 10 a.m.-5 p.m., 3200 Plaza East Drive, Hutchinson