Eat like you’re Irish
03/13/2013 11:41 AM
03/15/2013 7:37 AM
Eat like you’re Irish
Several local bars, restaurants and charity groups are recognizing St. Patrick’s Day this weekend. The actual day is Sunday, though several are celebrating earlier. Among them:
• S hamrock Lounge, 1724 W. Douglas: the Irish bar is calling St. Patrick’s Day this year “a holiday so nice, we have to do it twice.” Saturday activities include a 9 a.m. Irish breakfast, Irish and beef stew for lunch, bagpipers at 4 and 8 p.m. and green beer and other drink specials through the day. On Sunday, the bar will open at 11 a.m. with a corned beef and cabbage dinner, which will be served again at 6 p.m., plus bagpipers throughout the day and a 10:30 p.m. performance by The Sluggos. See the Shamrock’s Facebook page for a complete schedule.
• Pumphouse, 825 E. Second St.: The bar’s second annual Kegs & Eggs starts Saturday morning with an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet, offered from 9 to 11 a.m.. It’s $5. The bar also will serve green beer all day and will feature the band Whisky Militia at 2 p.m. On Sunday, the Pumphouse will serve corned beef and cabbage from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
• Larry Bud’s Sports Bar, 2120 N. Woodlawn Suite 300 and 6200 W. 21st St.: In addition to kegs of green beer, Larry Bud’s will serve corned beef and cabbage Sunday with appearances by bagpipers scheduled for 3 and 7 p.m. at the east-side restaurant. The west side also will have corned beef and cabbage, plus bagpipers at 5 p.m.
• Piccadilly, 7728 E. Central: The restaurant will have corned beef and cabbage dinners through Saturday and also will add the dish to the Sunday brunch buffet.
• Heroes Sports Bar, 117 N. Mosley: Heroes is featuring corned beef and cabbage Friday through Sunday, bagpipers at 8 p.m. Saturday and 5 p.m. Sunday. The bar also will have green beer and Guinness specials all weekend.
• Toni D’s, 650 N. Carriage Parkway: The restaurant is offering several St. Patrick’s Day specials, including a corned beef and cabbage dinner with new potatoes and bread, Reuben sandwiches and decorated cookies. The specials are available 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday and are available for eat-in or carry-out.
• Walt’s Great American Sports Bar & Grill, 7732 E. Central: Walt’s is serving its traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner for $10.99 a person from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday. Call 316-691-8800 for more information.
• Blarney Breakfast: The annual Blarney Breakfast, a fundraiser for Rainbows United, is scheduled for 6 to 9:30 a.m. Friday at Old Chicago, 7626 E. Kellogg. Tickets are $12 for adults and $5 for children under 12 and can be purchased at Old Chicago east or at the door the morning of the event. For more information, call 316-721-8226.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.