Eat like you’re Irish
Several local bars, restaurants and charity groups are recognizing St. Patrick’s Day this weekend. The actual day is Sunday, though several are celebrating earlier. Among them:
• S hamrock Lounge, 1724 W. Douglas: the Irish bar is calling St. Patrick’s Day this year “a holiday so nice, we have to do it twice.” Saturday activities include a 9 a.m. Irish breakfast, Irish and beef stew for lunch, bagpipers at 4 and 8 p.m. and green beer and other drink specials through the day. On Sunday, the bar will open at 11 a.m. with a corned beef and cabbage dinner, which will be served again at 6 p.m., plus bagpipers throughout the day and a 10:30 p.m. performance by The Sluggos. See the Shamrock’s Facebook page for a complete schedule.
• Pumphouse, 825 E. Second St.: The bar’s second annual Kegs & Eggs starts Saturday morning with an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet, offered from 9 to 11 a.m.. It’s $5. The bar also will serve green beer all day and will feature the band Whisky Militia at 2 p.m. On Sunday, the Pumphouse will serve corned beef and cabbage from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Never miss a local story.
• Larry Bud’s Sports Bar, 2120 N. Woodlawn Suite 300 and 6200 W. 21st St.: In addition to kegs of green beer, Larry Bud’s will serve corned beef and cabbage Sunday with appearances by bagpipers scheduled for 3 and 7 p.m. at the east-side restaurant. The west side also will have corned beef and cabbage, plus bagpipers at 5 p.m.
• Piccadilly, 7728 E. Central: The restaurant will have corned beef and cabbage dinners through Saturday and also will add the dish to the Sunday brunch buffet.
• Heroes Sports Bar, 117 N. Mosley: Heroes is featuring corned beef and cabbage Friday through Sunday, bagpipers at 8 p.m. Saturday and 5 p.m. Sunday. The bar also will have green beer and Guinness specials all weekend.
• Toni D’s, 650 N. Carriage Parkway: The restaurant is offering several St. Patrick’s Day specials, including a corned beef and cabbage dinner with new potatoes and bread, Reuben sandwiches and decorated cookies. The specials are available 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday and are available for eat-in or carry-out.
• Walt’s Great American Sports Bar & Grill, 7732 E. Central: Walt’s is serving its traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner for $10.99 a person from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday. Call 316-691-8800 for more information.
• Blarney Breakfast: The annual Blarney Breakfast, a fundraiser for Rainbows United, is scheduled for 6 to 9:30 a.m. Friday at Old Chicago, 7626 E. Kellogg. Tickets are $12 for adults and $5 for children under 12 and can be purchased at Old Chicago east or at the door the morning of the event. For more information, call 316-721-8226.