It's Cinco de Mayo, a Mexican holiday that, in the U.S., has become a good excuse to eat fajitas, drown margaritas and fiesta through the night.
Several local restaurants and bars are putting on Cinco de Mayo parties and offering specials.
Here's a guide to some of the places you can celebrate today:
* Cinco de Vino Wine Tasting and Mexican Food Fiesta: The YMCA is raising money for its Strong Kids campaign with a wine and Mexican food party at Rock Island Studios, 338 N. Mead. Food will be provided by Abuelo's, and tickets are $35 by calling 316-264-4066, ext. 223, or $40 at the door. Also, $15 designated driver tickets are available. The party is from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. today.
Never miss a local story.
* Carlos O'Kelly's, several Wichita locations: The local chain says Cinco de Mayo is its busiest day of the year. It's offering half-price house margaritas all day, meaning a full size is $2.50. A Cinco Sampler is $9.99, and chili con queso is $1.50. The restaurant also will be giving away T-shirts, hats, maracas and more.
* Felipe's at 21st and Woodlawn, is having its third annual Cinco de Mayo party, which will include $3 Coronas, $5 margaritas, $3 Bud Lights and more.
* Heroes, 117 N. Mosley: The recently remodeled bar will offer $2 Coronas, $3 Cuervo Silver shots and will feature its soon-to-debut white queso with tri-colored chips. The Cuervo "Shot Girls" will vista the bar at 9 p.m.
* Abuelo's, 1413 N. Waterfront Parkway: The restaurant will offer $5 "Mexican Flag" margaritas, beer specials and free shakers and shot glasses to early margarita orderers. Diners also can get food specials from 3 to 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. to close in the bar and patio areas.
* Fizz Burgers & Bottles, 7718 E 37th St. N., 316-260-2888: The burger restaurant is offering a chorizo taco dinner plus buckets of bottles: four beers for $12 or four sodas for $10. The restaurant also will award a Cindo de Mayo gift basket to one Facebook fan who "likes" the page before 5 p.m. today.