Three More Valentine's Specials
02/11/2011 12:00 AM
02/11/2011 12:04 AM
Last week. we published a list of restaurants offering special meals and events for Valentine's Day, which you still can see by visiting www.kansas.com/entertainment/restaurants/. During the course of the week, we've learned of several more. Among them:
1. HuHot, 2035 N. Rock Road, 316-558-3630: The Mongolian grill is offering "Khan's Khupid's Feast," a deal that includes two grill meals, a shared appetizer or dessert and two house wines or draft beers for $29.95. The deal is available throughout February.
2. Abuelo's: 1413 N. Waterfront Parkway, 316-634-2230: The Mexican restaurant is offering a dinner-for-two special good Thursday through Monday that includes a fajita trio — grilled steak and chicken plus two skewers of Yucatan barbecue basted shrimp, served with grilled onions, charro beans guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese, pico de gallo and flour tortillas, plus a flan dessert for $29.99.
3. Papa John's: The pizza chain will once again offer its heart-shaped pizzas. Because nothing says love like pepperoni.
New restaurant alert
Among the restaurants that should open in Wichita in the next several months:
* Gorditas Durango will go in the former Laura's Super Tortas space at 527 W. 13th St. and will serve gorditas and other Mexican specialties. It should open in a few months.
* Wichita Brewing Co & Pizzeria should open this spring in the former Play It Again Sports space on the southwest corner of 13th and Tyler.
* A new tea bar is planned by owners of the Donut Whole at 1720 E. Douglas and should open right next door in April.
* Sit @ Thai Bistro owners are planning to open a second restaurant in the former Taco Shop space on Central near Oliver.
Eat in a barn
The Red Barn is a restaurant on the east side of Lake Afton (technical address: 24401 W. MacArthur Road, Goddard) that's open limited hours but serves Mexican food, including homemade tamales and fried tacos, barbecue and breakfast on the weekends. Winter hours are 3 to 7 p.m. on Fridays, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturdays and 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sundays. The hours will be extended come spring. For more information, call 316-794-3320, or to read more about the restaurant, visit blogs.kansas.com/dining and search for The Red Barn.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.