Not many restaurants open on Christmas Day.
But on the plus side, those that are open offer an eclectic mix of hotel buffet food, hot wings and Kung Pao shrimp.
Following is a list of restaurants planning to be open to diners on Dec. 25.
Never miss a local story.
* Gaslamp Grille & Lounge, 550 N. Rock Road: The new restaurant will be closed on Christmas Eve but will open up for dinner service at 5 p.m. on Christmas Day. Dinner will be served until 10 p.m., but the lounge will be open later. Call 316-260-1432 for more information and reservations.
If you don't find your favorite Asian eatery listed here, be sure to call the restaurant. Many in town will be open. Among them:
* Asia Town Buffet, 6160 E. Central: Open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
* Beijing Bistro, 11309 E. Kellogg: Open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
* Buffet City, 601 N. West St.: Open from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
* China Star Super Buffet, 5825 W. Central: Open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
* Hibachi Grill Sushi Buffet, 511 S. West St.: Open 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
* Great Wall, 410 N. Hillside, 1812 S. Seneca and 2130 N. Tyler: Open 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
* Kwan Court, 1443 N. Rock Road: Offering a Christmas buffet for $21.95, $7.95 for children 4-10, free for children 3 and under. Open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Reservations recommended at 316-634-1828.
* Lee's Chinese Restaurant, 6215 W. Kellogg: Open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
* Promise Thai Cuisine, 313 S. Greenwich: Open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
* Saigon Restaurant (Vietnamese), 1103 N. Broadway: Open from 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
* Sakura (Japanese), 7820 E. Harry: Open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 5 to 10 p.m.
* Sino, 13303 Maple, No. 105: Open from noon to 9 p.m.
* Tom's Lotus Garden, 822 S. Broadway: Open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* World Buffet Grill, 2243 N. Ridge Road: Buffet served from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
* Yen Ching, 430 N. Rock Road: Open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m
* Denny's, 5700 W. Kellogg, 4024 E. Harry and 8030 E. Kellogg: Open 24 hours.
* IHOP, 515 S. Ridge Circle, 3505 N. Rock Road and 11855 E. Kellogg: Open 24 hours.
* Bishops Family Dining, 4200 W. Kellogg: Buffet is $10.99 for adults, $10.49 for seniors, $4.59 for ages 3 to 10, and free for ages 2 and under. Drink included. Served from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
* Furr's Family Dining, 1606 S. Georgetown: Buffet is $9.79 for adults, $9.39 for seniors, $4.69 for ages 8 to 10, $3.99 for children 3 to 7, free for children 2 and under. Open from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
* Golden Corral, 616 S. Ridge Road Circle and 11006 E. Kellogg: Buffet is $10.09 for adults, $4.69 for ages 8-10, $3.99 for ages 3 to 7 and free for ages 2 and under. Served from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. No reservations.
* Cinnabar Cafe, inside the Marriott at 9100 Corporate Hills Drive. Buffet is $21.95 for adults, $18.95 for seniors 62 and older, $9.95 for children 6-12, free for children 5 and under. Served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Reservations required at 316-651-0333.
* Harvest Kitchen/Bar, inside the Hyatt Regency, 400 W. Waterman. Buffet, served in the Eagle Grand Ballroom, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., is $25 for adults, $12.50 for children 5-12, free for children 4 and under. The restaurant will be open and serving from the menu from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 5 to 10 p.m. Reservations recommended at 316-293-1234.
* Hooters, 6921 E. Kellogg: Open from 4 to midnight.
* Fox and Hound, 1421 Waterfront Parkway: Open from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m.