The October calendar is so packed with food events in Wichita, it's almost spooky.
From a Champagne and Chocolate fantasy to a beer lovers' Halloween party, food fans can find an unusually large number of ways to eat (and drink) for a cause this month.
* Saturday's Rockin' the Roundhouse is an annual social event that features food from nearly 25 local restaurants, including Mike's Wine Dive, Cocoa Dolce, Zaytun and more, as well as an open bar plus live music and silent and live auctions. It's from 6 to 10 p.m. at Charles Koch Arena and is a fundraiser that benefits Wichita State University students, alumni and Shocker student-athletes. Tickets are $100 a person and available at www.rnrwsu.com, by calling 316-978-3267 or at the door.
Never miss a local story.
* Oct. 8's Champagne & Chocolate Fantasy: The Wichita Scottish Rite at 332 E. First St. is putting on a 1950s style fundraiser that will feature appetizers by Corporate Caterers along with a selection of chocolates, a chocolate fountain and flowing champagne. It starts at 6 p.m., and tickets are $40 a person or $75 per couple. Proceeds will benefit the Wichita State University Rite Care Speech, Language and Hearing clinic. Call 316-263-4218 for reservations.
* Oct. 9 and 10's 77th Annual Lebanese Dinner: One of Wichita's longest running and most popular foodie fundraisers is the annual St. George Orthodox Christian Cathedral Lebanese Dinner, which offers ticket-holders a meal of cabbage rolls, rice and green beans, kibbe, salad, pita and baklava. Diners can eat at the church or get their food to go. Tickets are $16 for adults, $8 for children 10 and under, and the food will be served from 4 to 8 p.m. Oct. 9 and from noon to 7 p.m. Oct. 10 at the church, 7515 E. 13th St. For more information and to purchase tickets, call 316-636-4676.
* Oct. 9's Haus of Brews: The Rotary Club of Andover will put on its second annual Haus of Brews fundraiser at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 9, at Treescapes, 1202 N. Andover Road in Andover. It'll feature 21 different beers to sample plus traditional Oktoberfest food such as bierocks, beer brats and kraut, buffalo wings and pretzels. Admission is $20 a person at the door, and proceeds will help finance Rotary service projects.
* Oct. 16's Boo & Brew Bash: The annual Boo & Brew Bash, a fundraiser for Dress for Success, features food, drink, live music and a costume contest. It's at the Beech Activity Center, 9710 E. Central, and tickets are $50, $65 after Oct. 9. Get them at www.booandbrew.org or by calling 316-945-8779.
* Oct. 17's TNT Benefit: This event is a Sunday afternoon wine tasting at Chester's Chophouse that will feature world-class wines and food by chef Bobby Lane. It's being organized by friends of local couple Jamie and Ashle Stratton, whose young twins are facing health problems. The tasting is from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 17, and also will feature chocolates by Cocoa Dolce and a silent and live auction. Tickets are $100 a person. For ticket information, visit www.tntbenefit.com.
* Oct. 19's Wichita Wine Opener: A new fundraiser designed to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, the Wichita Wine Opener is a wine tasting scheduled for 7 to 9 p.m. Oct. 19 at Botanica that will feature wine and food tasting stations. Tickets are $50 a person or $65 for a VIP ticket, which includes early entry and an exclusive wine tasting. Tickets are available at heartofamerica.cff.org/wichitawine or by calling Dana Wilson at 913-384-8997.
* Oct. 21-23's Midwest Beerfest: The annual beefest includes beer dinners on Oct. 21 and a grand tasting from 1 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 23. The event offers samples of more than 400 beers from around the world as well as samples of beer-friendly food from local restaurants sold inexpensively. Tickets to the grand tasting are $35 in advance, www.wichitatix.com and 316-219-4TIX.This year's festival also will include a separate Chicken Wing Cookoff that has its own $5 admission.