Eat out on Christmas
ot) A lot of Wichita restaurants will be open on the holiday.
12/16/2009 12:00 AM
12/13/2013 7:39 AM
If you hate cooking but love sweet-and-sour chicken, at least some of your Christmas dreams can come true this year.
Plenty of Wichita restaurants — a whole lot of them Chinese — will be open on Christmas Day and serving a tasty variety of food.
Following is a list of some of the restaurants open next Friday.
If you don't find your favorite Asian eatery listed here, be sure to call the restaurant. Many in town will be open. Among them:
* Beijing Bistro, 11309 E. Kellogg: Open from 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Complimentary glass of wine with Black Angus house steak orders on Christmas Day and Christmas Eve.
* Buffet City, 601 N. West St.: Open from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
* China Cafe, 511 S. West St.: Open from 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
* China Star Super Buffet, 5825 W. Central: Open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
* Great Wall, 410 N. Hillside and 1812 S. Seneca open from 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.; 6254 E. 37th St. North open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
* Kwan Court, 1443 N. Rock Road: Offering a Christmas buffet for $25.95, $9.95 for children 4-10, free for children 3 and under. Open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Reservations recommended at 316-634-1828.
* Lee's Chinese Restaurant, 6215 W. Kellogg: Open from 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
* Pho Hot (Vietnamese), 2409 E. Pawnee: Open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* Promise Thai Cuisine, 313 S. Greenwich: Open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
* Saigon Restaurant (Vietnamese), 1103 N. Broadway: Open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
* Sakura (Japanese), 7820 E. Harry: Open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 5 to 10 p.m.
* Sino , 13303 Maple, No. 105: Open from noon to 8 p.m.
* Tom's Lotus Garden, 822 S. Broadway: Open from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
* World Buffet Grill, 2243 N. Ridge Road: Buffet served from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
* Yen Ching, 430 N. Rock Road: Open from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and from 4:30 to 10 p.m.
* Zen Vegetarian Cusine, 3101 N. Rock Road: Open 11 to 2:30 p.m. and 5 to 10 p.m..
* Denny's, 5700 W. Kellogg, 4024 E. Harry and 8030 E. Kellogg: Open 24 hours.
* IHOP, 515 S. Ridge Circle, 3505 N. Rock Road and 11855 E. Kellogg: Open 24 hours.
* Bishops Family Dining, 4200 W. Kellogg: Buffet is $10.99 for adults, $10.49 for seniors, $4.59 for ages 3 to 10, and free for ages 2 and under. Drink included. Served from 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
* Furr's Family Dining, 1606 S. Georgetown: Buffet is $9.79 for adults, $9.39 for seniors, $4.69 for ages 8 to 10, $3.99 for children 3 to 7, free for children 2 and under. Open from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
* Golden Corral, 616 S. Ridge Road Circle and 11006 E. Kellogg: Buffet is $10.99 for adults, $6.59 for ages 11-12, $5.59 for ages 9-10, $4.59 for ages 4-8, free for ages 3 and under. Served from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. No reservations.
* Warren Theatre diners, East open from 11:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.; West open from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
* Cinnabar Cafe, inside the Marriott at 9100 Corporate Hills Drive. Buffet is $20.95 for adults, $17.95 for seniors 62 and older, $9.95 for children 6-12, free for children 5 and under. Served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Reservations recommended at 316-651-0333.
* Harvest Kitchen/Bar, inside the Hyatt Regency, 400 W. Waterman. Buffet, served in the Grand Eagle Ballroom, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., is $23.95 for adults, $15 for children 5-12, free for children 4 and under. The restaurant will be open and serving from the menu from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and from 5 to 10 p.m. Reservations recommended at 316-293-1234.
* Hooters, 6921 E. Kellogg: Open from 4 to 11 p.m.
* Fox and Hound, 1421 Waterfront Parkway: Open from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.