Wichita-area restaurants open on Thanksgiving
Restaurant buffets are popular this year, with prices about the same as last year.
11/20/2009 12:00 AM
11/25/2009 2:10 PM
As we compiled our list of restaurants in Wichita that will be open and serving on Thanksgiving Day, a few interesting trends appeared.
For one, the restaurants that will be open report more interest from potential diners this year. The Cinnabar Cafe inside the Marriott has been nearly sold out for a week, and that never happens so early, a manager said.
Another trend: For the past several years, restaurants have been steadily raising the price of their buffets. But this year, the prices remained unchanged from last year or went up by 20 cents or less.
Following is a list of restaurants around Wichita that are offering to feed the celebratory masses on Thanksgiving Day.
* Bishops Family Dining, 4200 W. Kellogg, 316-943-0393. Buffet is $10.99 for adults, $10.49 for seniors, $4.59 for ages 3-10, free for ages 2 and under. Drinks included. Served from 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Reservations accepted.
* Cinnabar Cafe, inside the Marriott at 9100 Corporate Hills Drive, 316-651-0333. Buffet is $20.95 for adults, $17.95 for seniors, $9.95 for ages 6-12, free for ages 5 and under. Served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Reservations required.
* Furr's Family Dining, 1606 S. Georgetown, 316-618-9850. Buffet is $9.79 for adults, $9.39 for seniors, $4.69 for ages 8-10, $3.99 for ages 3-7, free for ages 2 and under. Drinks included. Served from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. No reservations.
* Golden Corral, 616 S. Ridge Road Circle, 316-945-5100, and 11006 E. Kellogg Drive, 316-686-0669. Buffet is $10.99 for adults, $9.39 for seniors, $6.59 for ages 11-12, $5.59 for ages 9-10, $4.59 for ages 4-8, free for ages 3 and under. Served from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. No reservations.
* Green Mill Restaurant, 549 S. Rock Road, 316-687-6455. Buffet is $13.95 for adults, $9.95 for ages 3 to 9, free for ages 2 and under. Served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Breakfast also served from 7 to 11 a.m.) Reservations recommended.
* Hometown Buffet, 6820 W. Central, 316-942-4334. Buffet is $12.19 for adults, $11.19 for seniors, $4.59 for ages 8-11, $3.29 for ages 4-7, free for 3 and under. Drinks included. Served from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. No reservations.
* Legends, inside the Airport Hilton, 2098 Airport Road, 316-945-1966. Buffet is $23.95 for adults, $18.95 for seniors, $9.95 for ages 6-12, free for ages 5 and under. Served from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Reservations required.
* Piccadilly Grill, 7728 E. Central, 316-681-1100. Buffet is $15.99 for adults, $13.99 for seniors, $7.99 for ages 5-12, free for ages 4 and under. Served from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Reservations accepted.
* Ryan's Family Steakhouse, 3323 N. Rock Road, 316-636-9329. Buffet is $9.99 for adults, $4.99 for ages 9-12, $3.99 for ages 4-8, free for ages 3 and under. Served from 10:45 a.m. to 7 p.m. No reservations.
* Spears Restaurant and Pie Shop, 4323 Maple, 316-943-2783. Buffet (with pie included) is $11.95 for adults, half price for ages 6-10, free for ages 5 and under with a paying adult. Served from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Reservations recommended.
* Yia Yia's Eurobistro, 8115 E. 21st St., 316-634-1000. Buffet is $22.95 for adults, $10.95 for ages 6-11, free for ages 5 and under. Served from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Reservations recommended.
* Denny's, 5700 W. Kellogg, 316-942-9662; 4024 E. Harry, 316-683-8362; and 8030 E. Kellogg, 316-682-1008. Denny's will continue its never-closed policy throughout the holidays and will serve a traditional Thanksgiving meal from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
* Ted's Montana Grill, 2142 N. Tyler Road, 316-773-4443. (East-side location not open.) Traditional Thanksgiving meal served from noon to 8 p.m. and serving full menu, including a turkey dinner for $14. Reservations accepted.
* Stroud's, 3661 N. Hillside, 316-838-2454. Diners can choose from roast turkey or country ham, both served with traditional sides. Dinners are $18.95, $8.95 for ages 10 and under. Hours are 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Reservations recommended.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.