You Raced for the Cure last weekend, so you earned all the calories you'll ingest during October when you eat (and eat and eat) for the cure.
The seventh Komen Cuisine for the Cure runs through October and features a series of meals and special dishes at Wichita restaurants. It's designed to raise money for the Mid-Kansas Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, an organization whose purpose is to fight breast cancer.
The event, which is the second largest annual Komen fundraiser in Wichita, trailing only the Race for the Cure in money raised, usually raises $15,000 to $20,000 each year.
It was started by Wichitan Lisa Oehmke in 2003 to honor her friend Jill Southern, who died from breast cancer at age 47.
Never miss a local story.
"It was such a good idea that it's been used as a model program in other cities across the country," said Ashle Stratton, a spokeswoman for the event.
Following is a list of Cuisine for the Cure events scheduled through October. Each dinner includes a multicourse meal and one glass of wine.
Make reservations soon by visiting www.komenmidks.org, e-mailing email@example.com or calling 316-655-1955.
* Sweet Basil, 2424 N. Woodlawn
6 p.m. Tuesday, $60 a person
* Olive Tree, 2949 N. Rock Road
6:30 p.m. Oct. 10, $60 a person
* Sabor Waterfront, 1720 N. Waterfront
7 p.m. Oct. 12, $60 a person
* Luciano's, 216 W. Main St., Mulvane
6 p.m. Oct. 15, $60 a person
* Cargill Culinary Test Kitchen, 2901 N. Mead
6:30 p.m. Oct. 23, $100 a person
* Old Mill Tasty Shop, 604 E. Douglas
6:30 p.m. Oct. 28, $60 a person
Also . . .
Throughout October, a portion of sales from the following items will be donated to the Mid-Kansas Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
* Cocoa Dolce Artisan Chocolates, 2132 N. Rock Road, Suite 100 in Bradley Fair: Raspberry-flavored pink ribbon chocolate.
* Caffe Moderne, 300 N. Mead: Pink gelato.
* Caffe Posto, 4714 E. Douglas: Pink gelato and sorbetto
* Freddy's Frozen Custard, 8621 W. 21st St., 310 N. Rock Road, 11525 E. 13th St.: Freddy's signature turtle sundae.