Tickets on sale for Orpheum fall/winter season
06/08/2012 5:00 AM
08/05/2014 7:47 PM
The Orpheum Theatre’s recently announced fall/winter season will include seven well-known acts and will celebrate the theater’s 90th anniversary.
Tickets for the shows went on sale at 10 a.m. June 15 at Select-A-Seat outlets, at www.selectaseat.com, or by calling 316-755-SEAT.
Following is a list of the acts that will appear from August through December at the venue, 200 N. Broadway.
• Wynonna, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 16: The legendary country singer is best known as one half of the group The Judds. Tickets are $99.50, $79.50, $69.50, $59.50, $49.50 and $39.50.
• Bernadette Peters with the Wichita Symphony Orchestra, 8 p.m. Aug. 25: Peters is a two-time Tony Award-winning performer known for her Broadway roles in “Gypsy” and “Annie Get Your Gun.” Tickets are $99, $89 and $79.
• Branford Marsalis Quartet, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 16: Marsalis is a Grammy-award winning saxophonist. Tickets are $69.50, $59.50, $44.50 and $34.50.
• Chris Isaak, 7 p.m. Dec. 2: Isaak is best known for the songs “Wicked Game” and “Baby Did a Bad, Bad Thing” and the TV series “The Chris Isaak Show.” Tickets are $99, $67, $57 and $47.
• Moreland and Arbuckle, 8 p.m. Dec.7: This Delta blues band features guitar, blues harps and drums. Tickets are $15 general admission.
• American English, 8 p.m. Dec. 8: This Beatles tribute band performs the songs of the legendary group. Tickets are $28, $23 and $18.
• Jim Brickman, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 18: Brickman is an adult contemporary artist whose hits include “Valentine” and “The Gift.” Tickets are $64.50, $49.50, $44.50 and $34.50.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.