The following bars will be open on Christmas, offering back-at-home college students a place to meet up and stressed-out family members a place to escape.
* The Anchor, 1109 E. Douglas: Food won't be served but libations will be from 8 p.m. till 2 a.m.
* Blue Lounge, 614 W. Douglas: The bar will be open from 8 p.m. till 2 a.m. and will feature the music of Black Gasoline. Cover is $5.
* Fox and Hound, 1421 Waterfront Parkway: Open from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Never miss a local story.
* Gaslamp Grille & Lounge, 550 N. Rock Road: The new fine dining restaurant will open both its restaurant and its lounge at 5 p.m. Dinner will stop at 10 p.m., but the lounge will stay open late.
* Heroes, 117 N Mosley St.: Open at 8 p.m. 117 N Mosley St.
* Hooters, 6921 E. Kellogg: Open from 4 p.m. to midnight.
* Kirby's Beer Store, 3227 E. 17th St.: The WSU-adjacent bar will be open from 5 p.m. until 2 a.m.
* Larry Bud's, 2120 N. Woodlawn: The east-side sports bar won't serve food but will serve drinks from 5 p.m. till 2 a.m.
* Rain, 518 E. Douglas: The downtown bar will serve its delicious Mediterranean menu plus drinks from 5 p.m. until 2 a.m.
* Side Pockets, 600 S. Tyler: The popular pool hall will be open from 5 p.m. to 2 a.m., serving its full menu.
The Wichita Blues Society will host the " In-Between Jam," so named because it falls between Christmas and New Year's, at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Jerry's Bar and Grill, 630 N. Robin Road. Musicians — blues, jazz, rock, etc. —are welcome to show up and play. Admission to the jam is free, and the group will be giving away two tickets to the annual Wichita Blues Society Ball on Jan. 22 and to the Samantha Fish concert planned for Jan. 7. For more information, call 316-214-1276.