" Rockin' to Remember: A Tribute to Our Fallen Friends" is the title of a concert at 7:30 p.m. today at the Cotillion, 11120 W. Kellogg. The concert is meant as a memorial to some influential but dearly departed contributors to Wichita's music scene, including promoter and club owner Ronnie True. Bands performing at the show include Hammered Saint (formerly Pit Bulls on Crack), Skrapyard, Pretty Ugly, Metalneck, Kingshifter, and the Paul Rodriguez Music Experience. It's an all-ages show, and tickets are $10 at the door.
Chicago-based guitarist Joe Moss will perform music from his latest CD, "Drive Train — Live at Chan's," at a concert tonight at the Boulevard, 900 George Washington Blvd. The show starts at 8 (doors open at 7:30) and tickets are $15 at the door. For more information, call 316-258-2789.
It's Final Friday
Never miss a local story.
Tonight's the night — lots of live music in Old Town and around town. Following are some of the venues that will be participating. For a full list, visit www.wichitafirstfriday.com.
* Flatland String Band, acoustic, 6:30 p.m. CityArts, 334 N. Mead
* Tony Ngo, singer/songwriter, 7 p.m., Oeno, 330 N. Mead
* Riverside 65, jazz, 7 p.m., Siva Yoga, 535 W. Douglas
* Jordan Minnis & Ryan Leiker, acoustic, 8 p.m., Riverside Perk, 1144 N. Bitting
* Jason & the Punknecks, The Terminals (punky tonk/outlaw bluegrass), 9:30 p.m., Rock Island Live, 101 N. Rock Island
* Soleb Theory, Fifth Fire and Dear Red Shoes, rock/indie, 10 p.m., Kelly's, 917 E. Douglas