How to play: the basics
01/19/2014 12:00 AM
06/25/2014 2:16 PM
Welcome to The Wichita Eagle’s Oscar Ballot Contest for the 86th Academy Awards. We have a new format this year with two contests, separated by age groups, and a new promotional partner, Warren Theatres. Here’s what you need to do to play:• Go to www.kansas.com/oscarballot and click on the “enter contest” link to register for the contest and submit your predictions for Academy Award winners.
• There are two contests for separate age groups. You must make sure you enter the contest for your age group.
• One entry per person. Anyone submitting more than one entry will be disqualified.
• No purchase is necessary to participate or win.
• We urge you to read the complete Official Rules at www.kansas.com/oscarballot.
ELIGIBILITY:• All participants will be asked to enter their date of birth to verify they are entering the contest for their age group.
• Contest is open to legal residents of Kansas.
• Contestants age 21 or older may enter the ballot contest to win the grand prize, a trip for two to Hollywood for four days and three nights, provided by Warren Theatres (see details in the Official Rules at www.kansas.com/oscarballot).
• Contestants ages 13 to 20 are eligible to win gift certificates to Warren Theatres.
• The contest begins Jan. 19, 2014, and closes at 4 p.m. on March 2, 2014. The Academy Awards telecast begins at 6 p.m. March 2 on KAKE, channel 10.
• Employees and their immediate family members of The Wichita Eagle, the McClatchy Co. and Warren Theatres and their promotion and advertising agencies are not eligible to participate.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.