Eight fireworks shows are planned in the Wichita area for the Fourth of July.
The main celebration for the city of Wichita is “Red, White and BOOM!” sponsored by the Wichita Parks Foundation and Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers.
It starts at 6 p.m. with food trucks and a beer garden on the Hyatt lawn, 400 W. Waterman, and The Astronauts, a local ’80s dance band, will play from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
The fireworks show, which will last about 24 minutes, will begin at about 9:45 p.m. The fireworks will be set to music, which can be heard throughout the festival area.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Park City will host a “Salute to Freedom” celebration. Fireworks start at 10 p.m. Admission is free.
▪ Derby’s Independence Day Celebration and Fireworks, starting at 7 p.m. Tuesday in High Park, 2801 E. James, will include eight food trucks, games and a fireworks display. Admission is free.
▪ Clearwater, partnered with TLC Enterprises, will hold a fireworks show free to the city, starting 15 to 30 minutes after sunset on Tuesday. The show can be viewed from the Clearwater High School football stadium or the parking lots of Clearwater Middle School or the Clearwater Intermediate Center.
▪ Haysville’s Independence Day Celebration will wrap up with a concert at 7:30 p.m. and a fireworks show at 9:45 p.m. at Riggs Park, 706 Sarah Lane. Admission is free.
▪ El Dorado’s Independence Day Celebration takes place in East Park, 100 S. Woodland. At 7 p.m., there will be an El Dorado Broncos baseball game at McDonald Stadium with a fireworks show after the last inning. Admission is free.
▪ North Newton kicks off its free Independence Day celebration at 8 p.m. Tuesday at Kidron Bethel Village, 3001 Ivy Drive. Fireworks start at dusk. Bring lawn chairs or blankets for seating.
6-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sedgwick County Zoo, 5555 W. Zoo Blvd.
Every Tuesday night in July, the Sedgwick County Zoo stays open late for its annual Twilight Tuesdays series. Admission to the zoo is free after 6 p.m. with a voucher from select local Cox Solutions stores or a zoo membership. The zoo stays open until 8:30 p.m. – perfect for late-night fun with the animals.
Concert in the park
7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Andover Central Park, 1607 E. Central, Andover
The Andover Community Band will perform. Free. Bring lawn chairs or blankets.