Santa watch: Last chances to catch St. Nick
12/20/2013 7:16 AM
12/20/2013 7:17 AM
We’re closing in on Christmas Eve, and Santa Claus is an especially busy man this weekend. Here are some opportunities for seeing the Big Elf through Tuesday and for taking part in related festivities. After that, to track Santa’s movements around the world on Christmas Eve with the help of the North American Aerospace Defense Command, go to www.noradsanta.org.
• Breakfast With Santa at the Marriott, 9-10:30 a.m. Saturday, Wichita Marriott Hotel, 9100 Corporate Hills Drive. Pancake buffet, crafts, decorating a cookie, story time, performance by Wichita Children’s Theatre and Dance Center at 9:30 a.m. Bring your own camera for photos with Santa. Cost: $10. Reservations required; call 316-651-0333.
• Gluten-Free Breakfast With Santa, 8:30-10:30 a.m. Saturday, Cravings Gluten Free Bakery, 3700 E. Douglas, Building 80. Gluten-free pancakes, muffins, sausage, juice and coffee with Santa. Cost: $6. Photographs with Santa provided by Leslee Freund Photography for a donation to the Love 4 Landon Foundation. Information: 316-239-9853.
• Gluten-Free Cookies With Santa, 2-4 p.m. Saturday, Cravings Gluten Free Bakery, 3700 E. Douglas, Building 80. Visit and photos with Santa, decorate gluten-free cookies, have gifts wrapped. Cost: $5; fees to the Love 4 Landon Foundation for photos and gift wrapping. Information: 316-239-9853.
• Skating With Santa, 10 a.m.-noon Saturday, Wichita Ice Center, 505 W. Maple. Santa will be skating on the rink and will be available for photos. Cost: $5, which includes skate rental, if you bring a nonperishable food item; otherwise, the cost is $10. Information: www.wichitaicecenter.com, 316-337-9199.
• Santa’s arrival at the Kansas Aviation Museum, 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturday, 3350 S. George Washington Blvd. Make an airplane stocking, an airplane ornament and a mailing to send to Santa. Santa arrives around 11:30 a.m.; bring a camera if you want to take pictures. Museum admission will be charged: $8.95 plus tax for adults; $7.95 for ages 65 and up; $6.95 for ages 4-12; free for ages 3 and under. Free for members. No registration necessary. Information: 316-683-9242.
• Santa at Egg Crate Cafe, 10-11:30 a.m. Sunday, 8606 W. 13th St., Suite 150. Santa’s helper will take photos, either with your camera or hers. Information: 316-295-2822.
• Towne West and Towne East Square, photos with Santa, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Monday; 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday; 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday. Information: 316-945-1236 (Towne West), 316-686-4849 (Towne East).
• Lights on St. Paul, Santa photos available 6-9 p.m. Friday-Monday, Arc of Sedgwick County, 2919 W. Second St. Photos will be taken for $5, or you can take your own photos for a donation. Santa is at the end of the drive-through light display, which is free (but $5 donation suggested). Information: www.arc-sedgwickcounty.org.
• Illuminations, Santa is available for photos through Monday during the nightly event at Botanica, 5:30-8:30 p.m., 701 N. Amidon. Event cost: $7 adults, $6 members, $5 ages 3-12, free for ages under 3. Information, 316-264-0448.
• Santa Claus’ interactive North Pole on a residential street in south Wichita, 6-9 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 1841 S. Glenn. Includes a 1902 sleigh with reindeer and Santa’s workshop. Bring a camera to take pictures with Santa. Free.
• Lights on Lawrence Court, Santa will be greeting visitors at the light display 6:30-11 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Tuesday, 1122 N. Lawrence Court, near 13th and Woodlawn.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.