Watermark Books: new and recommended (April 7)
04/07/2013 8:09 AM
08/08/2014 10:16 AM
1. "The Unchangeable Spots of Leopards" by Kristopher Jansma
2. "Wichita 1930-2000" by Jay Price and Keith Wondra
3. "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed
4. "Crusoe’s Daughter" by Jane Gardam
5. "Navigating Early" by Clare Vanderpool
6. "The Light Between Oceans" by M.L. Stedman
7. "Escape from Camp 14" by Blaine Harden
8. "A Kansas Soldier at War" by Ken Spurgeon
9. "Maggie Vaults Over the Moon" by Grant Overstake
10. "A Tale for the Time Being" by Ruth Ozeki
New and notable
"Life After Life" by Kate Atkinson (Reagan Arthur, $27.99) — Atkinson’s newest novel tells the story of Urusla Todd and her power to live a seemingly infinite number of lives, while exploring the consequences of her choices. Atkinson will be at Watermark Books at 7 p.m. Saturday.
"The Dark" by Lemony Snicket, illustrated by Jon Klassen (Little, Brown, $16.99) — Two highly acclaimed children’s authors (one’s a New York Times best-seller, the other is a Caldecott Award winner) collaborate on a charming picture book about a little boy’s fear of the dark.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.