Watermark Books: New & recommended
03/17/2013 7:20 AM
08/08/2014 10:15 AM
Watermark Books & Cafe
1. "Memoir of the Sunday Brunch" by Julia Pandl
2. "A Tale for the Time Being" by Ruth Ozeki
3. "Navigating Early" by Clare Vanderpool
4. "Round House" by Louise Erdrich
5. "Radiating Like a Stone" edited by Myrne Roe
6. "Juliette Gordon Low" by Stacy Cordery
7. "Case Histories" by Kate Atkinson
8. "Benediction" by Kent Haruf
9. "Banished: Surviving My Years in the Westboro Baptist Church" by Lauren
10. "Timmy Failure 1: Mistakes Were Made" by Stephan Pastis
New and notable
"Banished: Surviving My Years in the Westboro Baptist Church" by Lauren Drain (Grand Central, $25.99) — In this new memoir, Drain tells the story of her upbringing in the Westboro Church mindset, and how she was uncerimoniously cast out and cut off from her family for doubting the church's teachings.
"Storm Kings" by Lee Sandlin (Pantheon, $26.95) — From the author of "Wicked River" comes an account of supercell tornadoes and the history of the National Weather Service as well as the early Midwest, and how generations could come to understand and learn to live with with tornadoes.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.