Watermark Books: New & Recommended (Feb. 17)
02/17/2013 12:27 AM
08/08/2014 10:14 AM
Watermark Books & Cafe
1. "The Blane Game" by Philip Gaunt
2. "All There Is: Love Stories from StoryCorps" by Dave Isay
3. "Navigating Early" by Clare Vanderpool
4. "Radiating Like a Stone" edited by Myrne Roe
5. "My Almost Certainly Real Imaginary Jesus" by Kelly Barth
6. "Juliette Gordon Low" by Stacy Cordery
7. "And Toto, Too" Nathan Castle
8. "Moon Over Manifest" by Clare Vanderpool
9. "Mom" by Dave Isay
10. "Building a Housewife’s Paradise" by Tracey Deutsch
New and noteable
"Coolidge" by Amity Shlaes (Harper, $35) — An eye-opening biography not only on a little-regarded president, but on the decade — of remarkable growth and national optimism — in which he presided.
"Whitey Bulger" by Kevin Cullen and Shelley Murphy (Norton, $26.95) — This riveting biography follows the sensational career and sixteen-year manhunt for Boston gangster and FBI informant Whitey Bulgar.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.