Watermark Books: New & recommended
01/06/2013 12:00 AM
08/08/2014 10:14 AM
Watermark Books & Cafe
NEW AND RECOMMENDED
"On the Map" by Simon Garfield (Gotham Books, $27.50 ) From the author of "Just My Type,’ this book explores the unique way that maps both relate and realign our history, asserting that maps hold the key to what make us human.
"Zoo Time" by Howard Jacobsen (Bloomsbury, $26) A novel about a novelist trying to find inspiration in his wife, while containing his desire for her mother. By turns angry and hilarious, "Zoo Time" shows one of today’s funniest writers at his best.
1. "Blackbear Bosin: Keeper of the Indian Spirit" by David Simmonds
2. "Pinches and Dashes" by the Junior League of Wichita
3. "Master of the Mountain" by Henry Wiencek
4. "City of Dark Magic" by Magnus Flyte
5. "The True Night Before Christmas" by Vanessa & Robert Condreay
6. "The Paris Wife" by Paula McLain
7. "Help Thanks Wow" by Anne Lamott
8. "Diary of a Wimpy Kid 7" by Jeff Kinney
9. "The Art of Men (I Prefer Mine al Dente)" by Kirstie Alley
10. "Flight Behavoir" by Barbara Kingsolver
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.