Shakespeare in the Park’s ‘Julius Caesar’ to have all-female cast
08/31/2012 5:00 AM
08/08/2014 10:33 AM
The Wichita Shakespeare Company is finishing off its season with a Shakespeare in the Park presentation of “Julius Caesar” — with a twist.
“The cast is made up of 14 women,” Mark Anderson, director, said. “We’ve flipped everything in the show so that the play can be an all-women cast. It’s an experiment.”
“Julius Caesar” is a tragedy that follows the downfall of Rome’s most popular leader.
“There is death and sword fights, something women actors rarely get to do,” Anderson said. “The show will be an interesting play on all different types of female relationships.”
Shows begin at 7 p.m. next week and are free, though donations are encouraged. Show times and locations are as follows:
• Sept. 7: Central Riverside Park, 720 Nims
• Sept. 8: Hand Park, 633 S. Lakeview, Derby
• Sept. 9: Riggs Park, 700 Sara Lane, Haysville
• Sept. 14: Buffalo Park, 10201 Hardtner
• Sept. 15: College Hill Park, 304 Circle Drive
• Sept. 16: Andover Sports Park, 1008 E. 13th St., Andover
• Sept. 21: College Hill Park, 304 Circle Drive
• Sept. 22: Hap McLean Park, 1198 E. 69th St. North, Park City
• Sept. 23: Central Riverside Park, 720 Nims
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.