Grand Opera tickets on sale Monday for 2013 season
07/18/2012 9:14 AM
08/08/2014 10:33 AM
Season tickets for the Wichita Grand Opera’s 2013 season — which includes “Swan Lake” performed by the Russian National Ballet Theatre — go on sale to the general public Monday.
Subscribers have the option of two season ticket plans: full season and “pick three.” Full-season subscriptions are $112, $186 and $272. “Pick three” subscriptions are $90, $150 and $219.
From Sept. 10 to Dec. 2, early-bird individual tickets will be available for single performances in the 2013 season. Those ticket prices will be $32, $52 and $77.
Starting Dec. 3, regular-price individual tickets go on sale for $35, $58 and $85. Discounts will be available for students, military personnel and seniors.
Season tickets cover all performances in Wichita, three of which take place at the Century II Concert Hall, and one of which is at the Orpheum Theatre. Season tickets do not cover performances in Salina and McPherson, the Chairman’s Opera Ball or Opera on the Lake, which is free and open to the public.
To purchase tickets for Wichita shows, call the opera’s box office at 316-262-8054 or visit www.selectaseat.com.
The Wichita Grand Opera 2013 Season• “Otello” by Giuseppe Verdi, 7 p.m. Jan. 19, Century II Concert Hall
• “Don Pasquale” by Gaetano Donizetti, 7 p.m. Feb. 8, Salina’s Stiefel Theatre; 7 p.m. Feb. 9, Orpheum Theatre; 7 p.m. May 17, McPherson Opera House
• “The Marriage of Figaro” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, 7 p.m. March 16, Century II Concert Hall
• The Chairman’s Opera Ball, 6 p.m. April 20, Crown Uptown Theatre
• “Swan Lake” by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, 7 p.m. May 1, Century II Concert Hall (performed by the Russian National Ballet Theatre)
• Opera on the Lake, 6:30 p.m. May 18, Bradley Fair Plaza
Visit this story at Kansas.com/entertainment for additional coverage of Wichita Grand Opera’s upcoming season.