Best bets opening Friday
• “Lucy” — Scarlett Johansson stars in this actioner as an American woman in Taipei who is forced to act as a drug mule and accidentally ingests what she’s carrying. That opens up her mind and gives her superhuman abilities. I’ll have some of that, too, please.
• “Wish I Was Here” — Indie alert! Zach Braff (TV’s “Scrubs,” “Garden State”) directs and stars in this comedy-drama as a 30-something actor who finds himself at a major crossroads in his life (autobiographical, perhaps?). Word is that Kate Hudson, who plays Braff’s long-suffering wife, delivers her best performance in years.
Also opening Friday
• “And So It Goes” — Michael Douglas stars as a self-centered Realtor who enlists the help of his neighbor (Diane Keaton) when he’s suddenly left in charge of the granddaughter he never knew existed.
• “Hercules” — The latest incarnation stars Dwayne Johnson as the Greek hero, who leads a band of mercenaries to end a bloody civil war and return a rightful king to his throne. Stinker alert: The film wasn’t screened early for critics, almost guaranteeing bad reviews.
• “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End” —
The “Summer of Sparrow” film series continues with the third film in the franchise. It will be shown at 7 p.m. Monday at the Orpheum Theatre, 200 N. Broadway. Tickets are $5; $4 for students/seniors/military.