One of the ways Wichita-area churches celebrate Christmas is to stage living nativities, which use congregation members and others to play the roles of the Holy Family and other characters.
Here are several to visit this weekend:
1) Search for the Christ Child Living Nativity is a 20-minute presentation that takes place from 5:30 to 7:45 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Aldersgate United Methodist Church, 7901 W. 21st. Admission is free, but donations are accepted. Refreshments will be served for this indoor event. Call 316-722-8504 for more information.
2) Vineyard Church, at 2020 E. Blake, will have a 45-minute walkthrough of its Road to Bethlehem from 6 to 9 p.m. today and Saturday and again Dec. 17-18. Groups leave every 15 minutes. Admission is free. For more information, call 316 263-8463.
Never miss a local story.
3) A Living Nativity at Madison Avenue United Methodist Church, 900 E. Madison in Derby, is a drive-through display with people and animals. It's from 7 to 8:30 p.m. today and Saturday. Admission is free. For more information, call 316-788-4275.
4) Another Living Christmas Drive-Through takes place from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Haysville United Methodist Church, 601 E. Grand in Haysville. It's free. For more information, call 316-524-4162.
5) The sharing of the nativity story with live animals and Christmas carols occurs every 30 minutes, from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday, at East Heights United Methodist Church , 4407 E. Douglas. It's free. For more information, call 316-682-6518.