This is the sixth year that Smithsonian Media and participating museums across the country are participating in an event making museum admission free on Saturday.
Here's what you need to know:
1) A free ticket is required to get into participating museums. Go to www.museumdaywichita.com to print out the ticket.
2) The ticket entitles the holder and one guest to get into one museum free on Saturday. The offer is limited to one ticket per household.
3) In the Wichita area, the participating museums are:
* Botanica, 701 Amidon
* Derby Historical Museum, 208 N. Westview, Derby
* Exploration Place, 300 N. McLean Blvd.
* Great Plains Transportation Museum, 700 E. Douglas
* Kansas Firefighters Museum, 1300 S. Broadway
* Kansas Sports Museum, 601 SE 36th, Suite 123, Newton
* Lake Afton Public Observatory, MacArthur Road (aka 39th Street South) at 247th Street West.
* Mid-America All-Indian Center, 650 N. Seneca
* Museum of World Treasures, 835 E. First St.
* Old Cowtown Museum, 1865 W. Museum Blvd.
* Wichita Art Museum, 1400 W. Museum Blvd.
* Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum, 204 S. Main
4) These museums also are participating, but do not charge admission any time:
* Augusta Historical Museum, 303 State St., Augusta
* Clearwater Historical Society, 149 N. Fourth, Clearwater
* Kansas African American Museum, 601 N. Water
* Lowell D. Holmes Museum of Anthropology, on the Wichita State University campus
* Ulrich Museum of Art, on the Wichita State campus
* Wichita Center for the Arts, 9112 E. Central