School's out — or almost out for some — and for the next three months thousands of kids will find heat relief and summer fun at the pool.
The Wichita area boasts many public pools and water parks promising splashy, cool merriment.
The following is a guide to opening day, hours, admission costs and more at pools and water parks in the area:
Wichita public pools
Never miss a local story.
Public swimming pools in Wichita open for the season on Monday. The pools normally are closed on Mondays through the season, but will be open on Memorial Day.
Admission is $3 for adults, $2 for children under 18, $8 family rate (for up to six people). Discount coupons available at each pool: $60 for 50 coupons, $40 for 25 coupons. Each coupon admits one child or one adult.
* Aley Park, 1800 S. Seneca, open through Aug. 8, 1:30-6 p.m. daily except Mondays.
* Boston Park, 6700 E. Boston, open through Aug. 8, 1:30-6 p.m. daily except Mondays.
* College Hill Park, 304 S. Circle Drive, open through Aug. 8, 1:30-7 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays and 1:30-6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
* Country Acres Park, 750 N. Country Acres, open through Aug. 7, 1:30-5:30 p.m. daily except Sundays and Mondays.
* Edgemoor Park, 5811 E. Ninth St., open through Aug. 8, 1:30-6 p.m. daily except Mondays.
* Evergreen Park, 2700 N. Woodlawn, open through Aug. 8, 1:30-6 p.m. daily except Mondays.
* Harvest Park, 9500 Provincial Lane, open through Aug. 8, 1:30-6 p.m. daily except Mondays.
* Linwood Park South, 1900 S. Hydraulic, open through Aug. 8, 1:30-6 p.m. daily except Mondays.
* McAdams Park, 1556 N. Ohio, open through Aug. 8, 1:30-5:30 p.m. daily except Mondays.
* Minisa Park, 1350 N. Jeanette, open through Aug. 8, 1:30-5:30 p.m. daily except Mondays.
* Orchard Park, 1062 N. Clara, open through Aug. 8, 1:30-6 p.m. daily except Mondays.
All are free and operate from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. Fountains may be closed at any time due to weather.
* Central Riverside Park, 720 Nims
* Fairmont Park, 1647 N. Yale
* Lincoln Park, 1323 S. Topeka
* Osage Park, 2121 W. 31st St. South
* Reflection Square Park, 205 E. Douglas
* Warren Old Town Plaza, 334 N. Mead
All YMCA water parks will open Saturday and will remain open through Labor Day, Sept. 6, with reduced hours when public schools return to session in August.
Hours are 1-7 p.m. weekdays and 1-6 p.m. weekends. Holiday hours are 1-5 p.m. on Monday (Memorial Day,) July 4 and Sept. 6.
For details, go to http://waterparks.ymcawichita.org.
* North Branch YMCA, 3330 N. Woodlawn. Features: wave pool, body slide, kids cove, toddler bay and spray grounds.
* Northwest Branch YMCA, 13838 W. 21st St. Features: lazy river, tube slide, plunge slide, spray/splash grounds and water basketball.
* Richard A. DeVore South Branch YMCA, 3405 S. Meridian. Features: lazy river, tube and plunge slides, diving board, climbing wall, water play center, water basketball/volleyball.
* Andover Branch YMCA, 1115 E. U.S. 54. Features: lazy river, tube slide, body slide, spray/splash grounds, large play structure.
Admission: Free for YMCA members; $14 family and $8 individual with a member; $18 family and $10 individual without a member.
Wellington Family Aquatic Center
1101 W. Harvey, Wellington. Open through Aug. 15, 1 to 7 p.m. daily.
Admission: Adults, $3.50; 17 and under, $2.50.
Season pass: $50 individual, $100 for a family of two, $150 for family of three or more.
Rock River Rapids
1900 E. James, Derby
Opens Monday and closes for the season on Aug. 15. Hours are 12:30 to 7 p.m. daily.
Admission: Adults $8; children 2-17 $7; kids under 2 get in free. Season passes are $65 a person.
Suburban public pools
* Augusta, 1501 Dearborn St., opens Saturday; closing date not set. Hours are 1 to 7 p.m. Monday to Saturday, 1 to 6 p.m. Sunday.
Admission: Adults, $2.50; children 5-12, $1.75; children under 5 get in free. Pool pass: 25 swims for $10.
* Goddard, 200 S. Main. Opens today and closes on Aug. 15. Hours: 1 to 6 p.m. daily.
Admission: $2 for all ages. Season passes available.
* Haysville, 525 Sarah Lane. Opens Saturday and closes for the season on Aug. 15. Hours 1-7 p.m. daily.
Admission: Ages 5 and under, $1; ages 6-61, $2.50; 61 and over, $1.50.
Season passes: $60 a person, $115 for four people ($25 for each additional person).
* Newton, 401 N. Santa Fe. Opens Saturday and closes for the season on Aug. 18. Hours are 1-5 p.m. daily, as well as 7-9 p.m. Mondays through Fridays for family swim.
Admission: Adults and children over 14, $2.75; children 5-13, $2; children under 5 free. Season pass: 25 passes for $45.
* Valley Center, 255 E. Allen. Opens Saturday and closes for the season Aug. 8. Hours are 1-6 p.m. daily until June 21, when they will be 1-8 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and 1-6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
Admission: Adults and children over 14, $2.25; children 13 and under, $1.75.
Season passes: Resident individual, $55; non-resident individual, $65; resident family, $115; non-resident family, $125.