If you like Halloween, it doesn't get much better than this: The scary holiday falls on a weekend this year, so there's a lot more time to pack in fun events.
Some of the more popular events traditionally held this time of year were held last weekend, but there's still lots going on this weekend.
Here's all the information you need:
1) Looking for a fun and safe trick-or-treating experience for kids? Check out Malloween at Towne East Square, 7700 E. Kellogg, and Towne West Square, 4600 W. Kellogg. Kids 12 and under are encouraged to wear costumes as they visit mall merchants for treats. Hours are 3 to 5 p.m. Saturday. Admission is free. For more information, call 316-686-4849.
Never miss a local story.
2) Barnes & Noble, 1920 N. Rock Road, will have a Kids' Costume Party with a parade, game, treats, storytime, entertainment, giveaways and other activities from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Admission is free. RSVP by calling 316-315-0421.
3) Wicked Halloween at Exploration Place will include face-painting, crafting, not-too-scary stories, a costume contest and access to the "How to Make a Monster" exhibit. It's from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. General admission is $9.50 for adults, $8 for seniors, $6 for kids 4-11 and free for children under 4 and members. For more information, call 316-660-0600.
4) West Side Christian Church, 1819 W. Douglas, is hosting a public Halloween alternative party with carnival games, Rock Band video game, hot dogs, treats and games from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Saturday. Admission is free. For more information, call 316-263-5269.
5) Skaters who wear a costume at a public skating session today at Wichita Ice Center , 505 Maple, will receive a coupon for free admission and rental to public skating sessions on Halloween Day. Hours for public skating both days are noon to 3 p.m. and 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. For more information, call 316-337-9199.
6) Cross Road Fellowship Church, 7315 W. 13th St., will have a public Trunk or Treat costume party with inflatables, decorated cars, games and food available for purchase from 5:30 to 8 p.m. today. Admission is free. For more information, call 316-722-7011.
7) Go to a Trunk or Treat party at Don Hattan Chevrolet, 61st North off I-135, from 6 to 8 p.m. today. It's free and open to the public. For more information, call 316-744-1275.
8) See a scary movie —or four — at Murdock Theatre, 20th Century Center, 536 N. Broadway. The theater will be showing "The House on Haunted Hill," "Last Man on Earth," "Carnival of Souls," and "Night of the Living Dead" beginning at 7:30 p.m. today and Saturday. Tickets are $8 for all four films. For more information, call 316-263-1665.
9) The Orpheum, 200 N. Broadway, will show " The Shining," based on the Stephen King horror novel, at 7 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $5. For more information, call 316-263-0884.