Log Out | Member Center



Identify registered sex, violent and drug offenders in Sedgwick County

  • Published Sunday, July 6, 2014, at 11:07 a.m.

Each Monday, The Eagle highlights a government record that is available to the public. Open records help people keep government in check and help them better understand how government affects their lives.

For a complete list of You Oughta Know columns, go to www.kansas.com/oughta.

The records: A list of registered sex, violent and drug offenders in Sedgwick County.

Why you’d want it: To identify where registered offenders live near your home or workplace. You can enter your address and see a map of where nearby offenders live along with photos of them and information about the crimes for which they were convicted. You also can sign up to be alerted when an offender moves close to any address you enter.

Where you get it: Go to www.sedgwickcounty.org/sheriff/ and then click on the “How Do I?” link and then on the “Registered Offenders” link.

How much does it cost: The information is free. So is signing up for alerts.

Deb Gruver

Subscribe to our newsletters

The Wichita Eagle welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views. Please see our commenting policy for more information.

Have a news tip? You can send it to wenews@wichitaeagle.com.

Search for a job


Top jobs