The Orpheum Theatre in Wichita is kicking off its “Summer of Sparrow” series on Monday with a screening of “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl,” followed by its sequels showing each Monday through Aug. 4.
The films were a massive success, taking in more than $1 billion total. That’s a lot of doubloons. So many of you are huge fans of the series. But how well do you know the movies? Take this quiz to find out:
1. Johnny Depp received a best actor Academy Award nomination for “The Curse of the Black Pearl.”
2. Jack Sparrow was born on:
A. An island
B. A pirate ship
C. A bar
3. Who is Jack Sparrow’s father?
A. Admiral Sparrow
B. Captain Morgan
C. Captain Edward Teague
4. Which pirate originally discovered the treasure that cursed the Black Pearl?
C. Long John Silver
5. What is the name of Barbossa’s monkey?
B. Little Barbossa
C. Uncle Randy
6. What is Jack’s last line in “Dead Man’s Chest”?
A. “Hello, beastie.”
B. “Hasta la vista, baby.”
C. “A pirate’s life for me!”
7. What is in the Dead Man’s Chest?
A. Davy Jones’ brain
B. Davy Jones’ finger
C. Davy Jones’ heart
8. In “At World’s End” Jack wants to follow the example of what sea-faring race?
9. Who winds up with the Black Pearl at the end of “At Worlds’ End?”
10. When we first see Jack in “On Stranger Tides,” he is disguised as a: