We’re the first to proclaim that every day should be considered Mother’s Day. All that wisdom, laughter, advice and, most importantly, unconditional love she’s showered on you all these years deserves special attention. So, while flowers and dinner out are nice, it makes perfect sense to fete Mom on May 11 with a gift that keeps on giving, all year long.
Here are five monthly services to show moms of all ages and tastes how much you care. Just don’t be surprised if you end up ordering yourself a box, too.
• Trendy moms. Know a mom who loves fashion, beauty, food, home and fitness? Sign her right up for the PopSugar Must Have box. For $39.95 per month (save more if you sign up for three, six or 12 months at a time), Mom will receive a box full of hand-picked items from the PopSugareditors. We checked out the April box and it was like Santa had arrived in spring: an adorable BlueAvocado reusable eco-friendly shopping bag, a full-sized Too Faced eye shadow palette, a purse-size notebook, a full-sized Caldrea hand soap, a tea towel set (one says “Totally” and the other says “Awesome”) and a healthy snack mix we unhealthily inhaled. Retail value? $114.50. We’d call that a score. Visit musthave.popsugar.com for more info.
• Older moms. Tandem Lane is a monthly subscription service designed for grandparents and loved ones aged 65 and older – think a curated care package you get to personalize. Choose a one-, three- or six-month plan, ($25, $22 or $19 per month, respectively). Past boxes have included a farmer’s market theme (including a brag book, stationary, Sudoku puzzle book, healthy snack and cute eco-friendly tote bag), a spring beginnings theme (complete with soap, candies, puzzles and an indoor gardening kit) and a French theme (with a travel brochure, treats, a Monet notebook, cards and games and more). Perhaps best of all, once you sign up, Tandem Lane will email you asking for a note and photos from you to include in the box. No more excuses on meaning to stay in touch. Visit tandemlane.com for more info.
• Frazzled moms. Is Mom juggling work, kids, playdates, volunteer work, chauffer duty, household chores and oh, so much, much more? Reward her with wine. Moms Who Need Wine is a monthly club that will ship two bottles of vino (usually one red and one white) from California wineries to your honoree. She’llalso receive tasting notes, recipes and pairing cards for $39.95 (plus shipping and handling) a month. Visit momswhoneedwine.com for more info.
• New moms. Mothers of newborns could definitely use a little pick-me-up each month. The Happy Mommy Box ($29 per month) includes several gifts for Mom (think jewelry, hair ties, picture frames, coffee mugs and more) plus a little something for the baby (IKEA plastic dishware, Play-Doh or snacks, for example) and a copy of Happy Mommy magazine. Remember: Happy mom, happy family. Visit happymommybox.com to learn how to join.
• Crafty moms. If Mom loves a good DIY project and has a slight Pinterest addiction, gift her with a Whimsey Box. For just $15 per month, Mom will receive a complete DIY project, including instructions and materials. Past projects have included hand lotion, needle felting, beaded necklace and clay dish kits. Isn’t it time to put all that Pinterest time into action? Visit whimseybox.com for info.