Log Out | Member Center



Find reports online on Kansas’ drinking water

  • Published Sunday, April 20, 2014, at 11:39 a.m.

Each Monday, The Eagle highlights a government record that is available to the public. Open records help people keep government in check and help them better understand how government affects their lives.

For a complete list of You Oughta Know columns, go to www.kansas.com/oughta/.

The record: Annual compliance reports from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment’s Bureau of Water. The bureau’s water supply section regulates public water supply systems throughout the state.

Why you’d want it: The reports include information about violations of contaminant levels, treatment techniques and monitoring requirements and help inform Kansans about the quality of their drinking water.

Where you get it: Go to www.kdheks.gov/pws/annual_compliance_reports.htm.

How much it will cost: The information is free.

Deb Gruver

Subscribe to our newsletters

The Wichita Eagle welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views. Please see our commenting policy for more information.

Have a news tip? You can send it to wenews@wichitaeagle.com.

Search for a job


Top jobs