Log Out | Member Center

88°F

102°/75°

Firefighters quickly extinguish fire near 21st and Mosley

  • The Wichita Eagle
  • Published Monday, March 24, 2014, at 8:03 a.m.
  • Updated Monday, March 24, 2014, at 12:07 p.m.

Fire damaged a work release center in north Wichita early Monday morning, authorities said.

The fire was reported at 1:23 a.m. at Bi Inc. at 703 E. 21st St., a Sedgwick County dispatch supervisor said. That’s just west of Mosley in an industrial area.

Fire crews reported seeing smoke coming from the east side of the single-story office building, Lt. Kelly Zane said. It took firefighters about 15 minutes to extinguish the fire.

Investigators determined the fire started in an office just south of the front-door entryway due to an electrical malfunction, Zane said. Damage was estimated to be $35,000 to the building and contents.

No injuries were reported.

Reach Stan Finger at 316-268-6437 or sfinger@wichitaeagle.com. Follow him on Twitter: @StanFinger.

Subscribe to our newsletters

The Wichita Eagle welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views. Please see our commenting policy for more information.

Have a news tip? You can send it to wenews@wichitaeagle.com.

Search for a job

in

Top jobs