ABC announced the new cast of “Dancing With the Stars” Tuesday on “Good Morning America.” It was the usual assortment of athletes, B-list actors and former child stars.
But there’s a twist: The dancers will switch partners at some point during the season, with viewers making the decision. “Dancing” premieres at 7 p.m. March 17.
Here are five contestants to keep your eye on:
• Candace Cameron Bure: We can’t wait for the “Full House” cast sightings.
• Amy Purdy: An adaptive snowboarder, she lost her legs at age 19 as the result of meningitis. Purdy is in Sochi, Russia, for the Paralympic Games.
• NeNe Leakes: The outspoken “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star is not known for her tact. It should keep things interesting.
• Meryl Davis and Charlie White: They’ve got the costumes and the moves. Now, the ice-dancing Olympic gold medalists will compete against each other.
The other contenders:
• Sean Avery: A former pro hockey player who has an eye for fashion.
• Diana Nyad: She made history as the first person to swim from Cuba to Florida.
• Cody Simpson: The teen singer had a Top 40 hit with “Pretty Brown Eyes.”
• Billy Dee Williams: The iconic actor is know for a variety of movie roles including Lando Cairissian from the “Star Wars” films.
• Drew Carey: The comedian is the host of “Price is Right.”
• James Maslow: He’s a singer and star of “Big Time Rush.”
• Danica McKellar: Winnie Cooper (“The Wonder Years”) grew up to be a mathematician.