The big white steering wheel was restored by the owner, who turned new turn signal and shift knobs on a lathe to replace the weathered plastic pieces. The car was manufactured with power steering, power brakes, power windows and an electrically adjustable seat.
Cero still has the Capri's original factory-balanced 317 cubic inch OHV V-8 in storage, but thought the Lincoln could use a bit more power. So he found this 1957 Lincoln 368 cubic inch power plant and rebuilt it, installing a camshaft custom-ground to Clay Smith specs and stacking a pair of rare Holley 4-barrel carbs on the ultra-rare aluminum intake manifold.
The level of detail on the Capri is revealed here, with sclupted courtesy lights blended into the lower seat cover. The twin switches adjust the seat forward/backward and up/down. Note that even the mounting rails are finished in bright chrome.
The driver is treated to a 3-tiered dash design, with analog instruments in the top deck, vent and temperature controls in the black center section and the starter button, headlight switch and other electrical switches in the lower section.
The Capri now rolls on 15-inch radial blackwalls fitted with jewel-like wheel covers that reveal just a bit of the red rim. Cero has the factory fender skirts for the car, but prefers to display it without them.
The rear of the Capri is as stylish as the front, with vertical tail lamps topping the bumper, which features a single-piece u-shaped set of bumper guards. The tag isn't a reference to a Porsche model, but to La Carrera Panamericana, the great border-to-border Mexican road race dominated by Lincolns in the 1950s.