An assistance fund has been established for the widow of the 95-year-old man who died in a house fire in south Wichita last week.
Pat Adams, 58, who is a school bus driver, had already left for work when the fire broke out at their rental home at 844 S. Volutsia shortly after 5 a.m. Friday. Charlie Adams tried to escape the blaze that fire investigators said appears to have started in the living room, but he collapsed near the back door.
Fire Capt. Stuart Bevis said investigators suspect some sort of electrical malfunction sparked the fire, but nothing has been confirmed yet. Records show the house was built in 1944.
Along with her husband and pets, Pat Adams lost all her personal belongings, family friend Kim Daley said in an e-mail to The Eagle.
She has found a place to live and has received assistance from the Red Cross, Daley said. Friends and her church congregation are providing support and comfort.
Any help is appreciated in helping Pat rebuild her life, Daley said.
Donations to the Charlie Adams Memorial Fund can be made at any Capitol Federal Credit Union, she said. Checks should be made out to the Charlie Adams Memorial Fund and sent to Capital Federal Credit Union at 8040 E. Douglas, Wichita, KS 67206.
The funeral for Charlie Adams will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 7011 E. 13th St.