Log Out | Member Center

86°F

98°/71°

Malfunctioning dryer may have started apartment fire near Planeview

  • The Wichita Eagle
  • Published Tuesday, August 20, 2013, at 8:27 a.m.

Firefighters made quick work of an apartment fire in southeast Wichita early Tuesday morning, authorities said.

The fire was reported at 6:40 a.m. in the 4800 block of East New Jersey, a Sedgwick County dispatch supervisor said. That’s just east of the Planeview neighborhood, next to Oliver and south of Pawnee.

Firefighters found smoke coming from a dryer, the supervisor said. No injuries were reported, and no damage estimate has been established.

Reach Stan Finger at 316-268-6437 or sfinger@wichitaeagle.com. Follow him on Twitter: @StanFinger.

Subscribe to our newsletters

The Wichita Eagle welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views. Please see our commenting policy for more information.

Have a news tip? You can send it to wenews@wichitaeagle.com.

Search for a job

in

Top jobs