Ronald McDonald House Charities Wichita is looking for volunteers to help support its two houses. Here are some ways you can get involved.
For more information, contact Ronald McDonald House Charities Wichitas volunteer manager Amy Forbes at 316-269-4182 and visit its website at www.rmhcwichita.org.
• Cook meals. If people want to come to the house to cook a meal for the residents, contact Amy Forbes, the charitys volunteer manager, to coordinate a time. Volunteers are asked to bring their own ingredients.
• Do yard work. The house takes on different projects at different times of the year, from working in the yard to dusting ceiling fans. Volunteers will work with the house manager to determine the immediate needs of each house.
• Host a fundraiser. The charitys website lists various third-party fundraisers you can hold to raise money for the Ronald McDonald House.
• Buy something on the wish list. Ronald McDonald House Charities frequently updates its wish list with items each house needs. Each house accepts donations from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. To see the list, visit the charitys website.
• Adopt-a-Room. People or organizations can either make a one-time donation or opt to sponsor a nights stay at a room for a certain amount of time. Each night at the house costs $80.