The Wichita school district has announced leadership changes for next school year, including new principals at Northwest High School, Northeast Magnet High and more than a dozen other schools.
Gil Alvarez, principal at Northeast Magnet, will be principal at Northwest. He will replace Karen Pickert, who is retiring.
Matt Creasman, assistant principal at Northeast Magnet, will be principal of that school next year.
Three principals will move to district administrative positions or special assignments:
• Charles Wakefield, principal at Hadley Middle School, will be director of recruiting, staffing and talent management. He will replace Shelly Martin, who retired in December.
• Ken Jantz, principal at Horace Mann Dual Language Magnet, will direct the district’s English for Speakers of Other Languages programs. He will replace Karen Boettcher, who is retiring. Vanessa Martinez, assistant principal at Horace Mann, will be principal there next year.
• Janet Jump, principal at Dodge Elementary, will be on special assignment assisting priority and focus schools – 28 elementary and middle schools identified as among the lowest-performing schools in the state or ones that have the largest achievement gap between their lowest performing students and state benchmarks.
Other new principal changes announced Friday:
• Amy Hungria, principal at Hamilton Middle School, will be principal at Hadley Middle School.
• Justin Kasel, principal at Allison Middle School, will be principal at Hamilton.
• Mitch Linn, assistant principal at Northwest High School, will be principal at Allison.
• Eric Hofer-Holdeman, assistant principal at West High School, will be principal at Mayberry Middle School, replacing Tim Seguine, who is retiring.
• Larry Perlman, principal at Irving Elementary, will be principal at Chisholm Trail Elementary. He will replace James Johnson, who will be superintendent of the Circle public school district.
• Susan Rosell, principal at Riverside Elementary, will move to Dodge Elementary.
• Brandi Flisram, principal at Buckner Elementary, will be principal at Riverside.
• Bettina Banks, assistant principal at White Elementary, will be principal at Buckner.
• Jamie Allison, assistant principal at Dodge, will be principal at Irving.
• Carol Dunne, assistant principal at Caldwell Elementary, will be principal at Clark Elementary. She will replace Kimberly Jackson, who recently resigned.
• Michelle Wilkes, assistant principal at Enterprise Elementary, will be principal at Cleaveland Elementary. She will replace Bill Savage, who will move to an assistant principal position.
• Nancy Mueller will be principal at Greiffenstein and Wells Alternative Schools. She will replace Tom Finkbeiner, who is leaving the district.